EU1010 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Office 365

Exclamation Inputting data for multiple weeks and retrieving the data based on the week you select.

I have a little more than basic knowledge of Access. I'm currently helping a meals on wheels program that maintains an Access database for client demographics, create weekly delivery routes, and populate reports of the number of meals needed for the week. The one thing I'm struggling with is how to input data based on a specific day or week. For example, client A receives 3 meals on Tuesdays and 4 meals on Friday every week. However, for next week ONLY (week of the 28th) the client wants to change his delivery to 3 meals Wednesday and 4 on Friday. Then his delivery schedule will default back to 3 on Tuesday 4 on Friday. Right now I'm literally creating a whole new database for each week (by copying from the previous week). I want to do it in one database only. I have no idea how to structure that relationship.

Tables

ClientContact
    ClientMealInfo
    ClientDeliveryInfo
    ClientStatus
    Routes

Reports

There's one report for each route that shows the delivery schedule (ClientDeliveryInfo) for each week for all Active clients (ClientStatus) and it includes: the client's information (ClientContact), and # of meals per day (ClientDeliveryInfo).

Desperately looking for some guidance! Thank you!

The way I handeled this (for working hours) was to have a table for the defaults, then when appended amend for the actual for that week.?

So in your case you cuould have a table with the these details, those records gets appended, then change the Tuesday to Wednesday before you generate the delivery orders?

HTH
    Please use # icon on toolbar when posting code snippets.
    Cross Posting: https://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184
    Debugging Access: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...bug+access+vba

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.