dRAGZOR is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

inner join Query Suddenly Started duplicating rows

This is a new problem I'm running into. There are no duplicates in either of my tables yet when I use a inner join it will duplicate rows seemingly randomly. I've tried to use SELECT DISTINCTROW but that doesn't help. I've also used SELECT DISTINCT which works perfectly however i am using two columns with a multifield datatype (.Elec and .Mech) so that will only work if those two columns are removed which I don't really want to do. Any help will be very much appreciated, I've spent the last couple hours pulling my hair out.

Code:
    SELECT BillQuick_master.[Project Number], BillQuick_master.[Project Name], BillQuick_master.Phase, ProjectInfo.Status, ProjectInfo.[Due Date], ProjectInfo.[Project Manager], ProjectInfo.Elec, BillQuick_master.[Elec Hours Budgeted], BillQuick_master.[Elec Hours Spent], ProjectInfo.Mech, BillQuick_master.[Mech Hours Budgeted], BillQuick_master.[Mech Hours Spent], ProjectInfo.Notes, ProjectInfo.[Perc Complete]FROM BillQuick_master INNER JOIN ProjectInfo ON (BillQuick_master.[Project Number] = ProjectInfo.[Project #]) AND (BillQuick_master.[Project Number] = ProjectInfo.[Project #]);

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    for some reason you are repeating your join

ON (BillQuick_master.[Project Number] = ProjectInfo.[Project #]) AND (BillQuick_master.[Project Number] = ProjectInfo.[Project #])
    also, may not be the reason but having spaces and non alphanumeric characters is a bad idea (# for example is used as a date delimiter in sql)

but the reason for your duplicates is your multivalue field. When you use them, you lose some control. Having said that, I'm a bit confused, you said two columns - don't you mean two rows?

dRAGZOR is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Hey thank you for the lead on what the issue was. I ended up solving the issue by adding .value to the end of ProjectInfo.Elec and ProjectInfo.Mech and then using the SELECT DISTINCT

I may have been using the wrong terminology about rows and columns. Thank you again!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.