Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016

That does 2 things. Look at it this way: If I pick from A and then B and then C and go back and choose a different value from A, what is showing in B and C will remain. The list for B and C will also be what it was when you first chose A, which will probably be wrong. So the idea is to at least requery the child list(s). If you click on B it may be that the list has changed because it shouldn't apply to the new value in A. But if you don't get rid of that value, it is possible to use it in any subsequent operation. Say you didn't clear the values in B and C and then clicked some button to do something such as open a report based on those values. The report would open using the values in B and C, which wouldn't apply to what was selected in A. Thus the report would be wrong, or even empty.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

brunotamietto is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Perfect! Thanks!

Windows 10 Access 2016
    You're welcome. Glad I could help.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    You helped me a lot, just one last question.
    I did this logic in my database, but the following problem occurred, but I will explain how I have the DB's idea.
    It would look something like this:
    The user wants to know what their pending issues are, so he first chooses his user, then a flow, following the customer and finally the customer's email appears.
    The idea of ​​the list below that you questioned me is for when the user selects the ID, all the pending items appear and then choose the type of pending item. For example 1) delayed due to lack of return, 2) system error etc.

So far I'm trying to do with your logic and it worked, thanks!

But the problem is that in the list below, where it looks like all the data depends on putting all the filters on top to apply everything, and for the user it would be interesting to see all the delays as soon as he places the ID. there is a way to use the cascade with all the data and apply the filters.

And lastly, the last filter would be the email, which would create a module to send an automatic email as soon as the user presses a button.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    I think you are asking how to filter the subform as you go? So if it loads up with all records and user picks option A, you requery the subform, which should be based on a query, not a table. In the subform query, instead of having Forms!YourFormName.YourComboBoxName as criteria for any field, you can use
    Forms!FormName.ComboBoxName OR Forms!FormName.ComboBoxName IS NULL

I don't understand why the email would be the last filter to be applied. You want to filter the subform records based on what email address a user picks because there might be more than one in the records? Selecting an email isn't going to build a module for you. A module is all the code that is either behind a form or report, or it is a sort of code library for your project and you have to create that yourself. You could filter the combo list based on what comes before it and allow user to choose one of these multiple email addresses. I would not use the afterupdate on the email combo because a user could pick the wrong address. Perhaps you want a button that will send email using the chosen email address? You can use SendObject with that button click but I believe the stipulation is that you must use Outlook. There are many ways to generate email from Access. Depends on which one you need.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    I put the subform and the list box just so that someone can help me to show the results as the filters are applied. In practice> The analyst arrives at work and sees to see all the clients he needs to contact. He enters the database, opens the form. put your user and all pending issues appear that day, then in the next filter he wants to choose what type of problem he wants to solve, after choosing the problem he has one more filter per customer, and the last filter is the email that goes the customer's email contact appears in a list box. I did it the way you taught me through rowsource but it gave me this problem of having to apply all the filters to get the final result. But I can't put another filter, as a continuity, with code I only know how to put a filter ... The idea of ​​the email is just to open the outlook with a standard email and the user can modify and check if it is correct, through the drop down list, can I do this?

Windows 10 Access 2016
    it gave me this problem of having to apply all the filters to get the final result
    Is that because you haven't yet used the OR syntax I posted above?
    You can open an email using just about any user action you want. All you need to do is figure out what you want that to be and choose the appropriate even for the control that's involved. If it's a button, click; if combo, after update; if textbox, likely exit event, and so on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.