jalewis999 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Office 365

Angry stop word warning message when loading a mail merge

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	25.6 KB 
ID:	43491Hi, this has been driving me mad, please some help.

Every time I load a word mail merge doc a warning appears. when you do it by hand it's just annoying, but try it in code and having a blind popup hang everything until you find and answer it is trying. I've tried using a access table, spreadsheet, and even a txt document, all with the same result. There must be thousands of people with this problem. Unless there is a switch I've missed, the only thing I can think of is to remove the link from the word doc. Then add it in code. This I don't want to do as It seems messy and I am not familiar with coding Word stuff.
    Any help appreciated, Thank you

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Several answers if you google it. Turning off warnings seems to be the way to go
    Application.DisplayAlerts = wdAlertsNone

but then your code has to re-establish all the mail merge parameters (mailmerge type, datasource, etc)
    HTH
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

moke123 is offline Me.Dirty=True
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    take a look at Albert Kallal's super easy word merge. He has a procedure in it called "MergeNoPrompts()"
    The purpose is to avoid your problem as per his comments at the top of the module.
    http://www.kallal.ca/msaccess/msaccess.html
    If this helped, please click the star * at the bottom left and add to my reputation- Thanks

Windows 10 Office 365
    I can not get this to work in access. It doesn't see wdAlertsNone as a constant. does it need a reference to work?
    any reference to 'Word' in a dim statement is rejected as an undefined user variable.
    Even wrd = GetObject(, "Word.Application") got an error about activex not able to create object.
    I'm lost on this. Is it possible to get a bit more help on setting up for the actual Application.DisplayAlerts = statement.
    the 'dim' and 'set' and any references required. I should be able to muddle through from there.
    I've seen a lot of varied examples but none seem to work on my normal setup access basic. Thanks

Gicu is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    If using late binding (no reference to Word library) use 0 for wdAlertsNone: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/vba/api/word.wdalertlevel

Cheers,
    Vlad Cucinschi
    MS Access Developer
    http://forestbyte.com/

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    I don't understand those comments. The 2000 version seems to work for me out of the box and has no such constant in its code. Did you alter code? If so, might be a good idea to post it and flag your changes. As for the DisplayAlerts I can't help you there as I've never done that. It was just something I read about when searching your issue and it was the suggested approach in a few places. I (or we) might be able to help if you research it to find code and then post it here if you get stuck. I can't recall if I found any code or just that solution.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

moke123 is offline Me.Dirty=True
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    I am not familiar with coding Word stuff.
    Then why not just use Alberts code?

Its simple to use, just import it into your DB and it works.
    I've been using it nearly 18-19 years.
    If this helped, please click the star * at the bottom left and add to my reputation- Thanks

Windows 10 Office 365
    I like to understand things first

Windows 10 Office 365
    I tried lots of methods but each had a problem. These popups are hard to get rid off. wdAlertsNone only enters the default value for. If a default is no and you want yes.
    So I fixed it all. I remembered something I used 30 years ago and never had problems with and found it's still used. Shell. It loaded the Email document links and all. The User can put up with the popup.
    Thank you all.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.