clanman is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit

Unbound forms to excel

Hello and thanks in advance for any advice
    I have created an unbound access form which pulls information from an excel sheet along with adding additional information such as dates. The form works perfectly and looks up the excel sheet and has dependant drop downs etc. I was quite proud of myself (I'm a novice as you can probably tell)
    The excel sheet is a list of raw materials delivered daily but some details change such as use by dates.
    What I want to do is fill in the access form and then ideally click a button and the information from the form goes to another excel sheet. The form is then cleared (I've done that bit with a separate button) and the next information put into the form is then saved below the previous record on the excel sheet.
    Is this something that can be done easily and can anyone please help a newbie out?
    I realise that I may sound completely stupid but I am trying

Thanks very much for any assistance you people who are so much cleverer than me can provide.

I'd advice different possible solutions.
    1a) You have an Excel workbook where list of raw materials is updated, and which is linked to Access database. The import is initiated from OnClick event of some button (manual import), or from Open event of Main form of Access app (automated import whenever the app is opened). The import procedure checks every row in linked Excel file, was it imported before, or not. When not, then then the row is read from linked Excel file, all needed calculations with data are made, and the result(s) are stored into one or several Access database table(s).
    1b) You have an Access form in your database. The form has a button, which starts a procedure. The procedure asks for Excel source file (i.e. this solution allows import data from different Excel files), and reads data from Excel table into special dummy table (by dummy table i mean it is an empty table with predefined structure). The procedure reads data into this dummy table, checks every row in dummy table, was it imported before or not, and when not, then does something with data like calculations, saving into other Access tables, etc.). As last step the procedure clears all data from dummy table.

2. You have separate Excel workbook(s) [Report workbook(s)], which use SQL query to read data form table(s) or saved quer(y/ies) in your Access app. The query/queries is/are set to be refreshed on open. This ensures, that any user always gets latest saved information from your Access app.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.