darkdemon is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

How to get printer printer options

HI,

My problem is simple to explain but the solution seems to be eluding me. I have tried both ways VBA and macro to give myself options when printing a report from a form via using a button. The best I can do is give myself the printer screen to come up which lets me select the printer, with properties and about 99% of the options I need. However, the one option I need is the Select Record(s) option (which is greyed out), in the bottom left hand corner of the screen snip I attached. The only work around I have is to input pages from 1 to 1, but I am trying to avoid having users do that. One of the users I have will mess that up and end up printing over 400 pages of reports, so I really need to try and avoid this. Does anyone know how to open this option up for use?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	32 
Size:	12.8 KB 
ID:	43308

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    I'd probably base the report on a query that referred to a form for the criteria to limit the report to the desired record(s).
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Windows 10 Access 2016
    The report and form are both based on the query for the data not the table. However, the issue is I need to click the button on my form to print the report, have the printer window popup appear, which is the attachment in the original post, and allow me to have selected record(s) not grayed out. If you do this same print option for form operations, essentially allowing you to print the form screen it allows this option. Just in the report print it does not, and I need it to.

Gicu is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    I think what Paul is trying to say is that you need to modify the report so it only contains the current (=Selected) record on the form. So the reports source (query) makes a reference to the unique record ID of the record loaded in the form. After you do that the Print Range options becomes irrelevant.

Cheers,
    Vlad Cucinschi
    MS Access Developer
    http://forestbyte.com/

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Gicu View Post
    I think what Paul is trying to say is that you need to modify the report so it only contains the current (=Selected) record on the form. So the reports source (query) makes a reference to the unique record ID of the record loaded in the form. After you do that the Print Range options becomes irrelevant.

Cheers,
    Ah, I appreciate the clarification, however, there are times when I need to print more then one record, other times when I need just the specific record, either way I do need to to have the option available at all times.

Gicu is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    I'm afraid that option is only available when printing forms, as you cannot "select" a record in a report; for reports the print range allows only to select a page range.
    So you will need to manage your "selection" while you are on the form and pass that to the report.

Cheers,
    Vlad Cucinschi
    MS Access Developer
    http://forestbyte.com/

mortonsafari is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    In one of my DB's I have a report, based on a Query, that generates based on PostCodes (in Australia) and the input of a number of codes . . .

In the PostCode part of the Query, the Criteria is . . .

[Which Post Codes - select up to 6?] Or [2nd P/Code] Or [3rd P/Code] Or [4th P/Code] Or [5th P/Code] Or [and Last P/Code]

I find it works for me and can be used for 1 or more numbers.

Good luck

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.