Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    bubai is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by ArviLaanemets View Post
    I modified my earlier example.
    The form loads with 'not locked' option in the combobox. Can it be set to load with 'all' option?
    Also the combobox rowsource values are separated by semicolon. But it's column count is 2. As far as I am concerned, column should be represented by comma and row should be represented by semicolon. How does it distinguish which are the column or row?

Bob Fitz is offline Access Developer
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by bubai View Post
    As far as I am concerned, column should be represented by comma and row should be represented by semicolon.
    Then try to replace the semicolons with commas. I think you'll find that Access will just change them back to semicolons.
    How does it distinguish which are the column or row?
    That's determined by the Column Count Property. Try changing it to 3 and see the result.
    If this helped, please click the star at the bottom left of this posting and add to my reputation . Many thanks.
    Bob Fitzpatrick

Quote Originally Posted by bubai View Post
    The form loads with 'not locked' option in the combobox. Can it be set to load with 'all' option?
    For this, you have in design mode to clear form's Filter property (FilterOnLoad property may be left unchanged), and to set combo's DefaultValue property to 3 instead of 1.
    Also the combobox rowsource values are separated by semicolon. But it's column count is 2. As far as I am concerned, column should be represented by comma and row should be represented by semicolon. How does it distinguish which are the column or row?
    For me it works with this syntax. I'm not sure, does this depend on regional settings or not, but anyway when it works for my computer, and the delimiters are different in another computer, then there are displayed delimiters native to computer where file was opened. And I don't fathom, about which rows you are writing! (OK. Bob did explain this!)

Quote Originally Posted by ArviLaanemets View Post
    For this, you have in design mode to clear form's Filter property (FilterOnLoad property may be left unchanged), and to set combo's DefaultValue property to 3 instead of 1.
    Thanks a lot. You have been very patient and friendly in responding to all of my questions and helping me out.
    Cheers mate!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Fitz View Post
    Then try to replace the semicolons with commas. I think you'll find that Access will just change them back to semicolons.
    That's determined by the Column Count Property. Try changing it to 3 and see the result.
    Wow! That was well disclosed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.