accessbunny is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Angry Cannot Save to Sharepoint, says "Cannot save to this location"

Hello,

I need 2 people to be able to work in this database at a time. I do not want to split it, they need the reports as well as ability to edit the table. It is set to "Shared" under options. When I try saving to SharePoint I paste in the link to the SharePoint documents folder I want it in, and it gives the message "You can't save here. Please choose another location."

Earlier I tried saving the database to a shared network folder, and had another coworker open the database. It made them download their own copy, and I could not see them in the file up in the corner like I can when sharing an excel file. I'm just having a difficult time getting this database to let me share it in general.

How do I get around this?

accessbunny is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by accessbunny View Post
    Hello,

I need 2 people to be able to work in this database at a time. I do not want to split it, they need the reports as well as ability to edit the table. It is set to "Shared" under options. When I try saving to SharePoint I paste in the link to the SharePoint documents folder I want it in, and it gives the message "You can't save here. Please choose another location."

Earlier I tried saving the database to a shared network folder, and had another coworker open the database. It made them download their own copy, and I could not see them in the file up in the corner like I can when sharing an excel file. I'm just having a difficult time getting this database to let me share it in general.

How do I get around this?
    I used the option under Database tools to move it to SharePoint and it seems to have split the database anyway, but now I do not see the lists anywhere in the link it says it was uploaded to, and its not in the folder I provided the link for.

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    .....I do not want to split it, they need the reports as well as ability to edit the table........
    Maybe you would expound on why you do not want to split the dB? For a multi-user dB, I would say it is (almost) required to split the dB into a BE (with ONLY the tables) and a FE (everything EXCEPT the tables).
    Multiple users in a non-split dB is a known cause of dB corruption.

What do you mean by "edit the table?" You let users edit the design of the tables??

.....I'm just having a difficult time getting this database to let me share it in general......
    Where are the 2 users located? On the same LAN?
    The BE would be in a shared location (folder) on the LAN and each user would have a copy of the FE on their local computer.

Personally, Sharepoint is the last method I would use to share the dB. Granted, I have never used Sharepoint, but from what I read, it was extremely limiting.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.