sjlevine34 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Office 365

MS access ribbon stops working after changing form properties

I am using Access 365. Of late, I have run into access ribbons stopping working after changing form properties or properties of one of the form controls. This has also happened when I have changed a value in a table.

For example, I changed the version date value of my tblVersion table with the form that uses that value through a function open, and then attempted to click on the refresh all ribbon button with no response.

Another example was making a change to the embedded record source query of another form. After that, I clicked on the Compact and Repair button of the database tools ribbon without response. I think that time, shifting to the database tools ribbon using the menubar did work. However, closing the form did not change the behavior.

Yesterday, I had to change the source properties of several forms. After doing this on two or three forms, the ribbon went dead and did not come back until I closed and reopened the database.

This has happened with several databases, including one that I created from scratch and then imported all objects from the old version of it.

The databases only are configured with native options except for the Compact on Close option enabled and the Track Name Autocorrect option disabled. The databases have no custom ribbons.

Is anyone else experiencing this behavior with MS-Access 365 operating on Windows 10?

Windows 10 Office 365
    Just had the menubar go dead in the Microsoft Visual Basic coding window after compile error while executing function in immediate window. Closing and reopening database resulted in menubar being active again.

The database involved had only native options configured.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    By any chance you either recently updated or upgraded Access? I've never heard or seen such issues being reported and it sounds like it goes deeper than simple db corruption. Suggest you try another pc with the same Windows version and Office bit version to see if it's just your version of Windows or Office that's wonky. If you don't have access to another pc, you could try uploading a zipped copy here for testing on other pc's and/or versions.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Windows 10 Office 365
    Quote Originally Posted by Micron View Post
    By any chance you either recently updated or upgraded Access? I've never heard or seen such issues being reported and it sounds like it goes deeper than simple db corruption. Suggest you try another pc with the same Windows version and Office bit version to see if it's just your version of Windows or Office that's wonky. If you don't have access to another pc, you could try uploading a zipped copy here for testing on other pc's and/or versions.
    I am working with a corporate copy of Access on a corporate computer. I will follow your advice and work with these databases on my personal computer with a personal copy of Access 365 to see if I encounter the same problem. Thanks for the suggestion.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.