krag is offline Medium experience
    Windows 10 Office 365

Password request appears after closing database

Recently I set option to compact database on closing for all dbs in use.
    This is for both FE and BE.
    This has started this problem but not in all dbs and not always.

Database closes but password request pops up.
    I have instructed users to simply cancel the popup screen and there does not seem to be any problem when re-log in next time.

I checked the information page for compacting and encrypting/decrypting.
    Even though db is already encrypted, in some cases it is showing "Encrypt" which should normally be showing "decrypt".
    I could perhaps get over this issue by simply resetting back to no compacting on closing.
    Then it would be necessary for me to compact all dbs manually periodically.

I am not sure if this problem is due to upgrading to Office 365 for business apps from earlier office 2013 pro version.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    When you compact/repair and leave the db open, Access makes a temp copy of the db and compacts one** (I forget if it's the copy or the original) which is why you can sometimes run into issues when disk space is getting low. I would not expect this to cause either db to reload since you say you are doing this on close so I'm afraid I wouldn't be much help with that situation. However, I can say that compacting like this is usually a bad idea. First, you should backup before you c/r and I suspect you are not. Also, the back end should not need regular c/r and certainly not after every session. Besides, if each user has their own front end and they connect to the be, I don't see how you can c/r the be anyway - certainly not safely. In addition, the fe should not need c/r nearly as much as the be so doing so at the same frequency is probably severe overkill.
    There are several things that are considered contributors to db bloat and some situations definitely experience this, but often it is a misconception on the part of someone that their file size grows too large when in fact, it is nothing to worry about. You should state what file sizes you were experiencing that made you take this approach.

EDIT - ** actually, I meant the copy is made regardless, but I didn't see how doing a c/r and closing the db would raise your password form. If doing a c/r and not closing the db, then I would not be surprised that your password form is raised again.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Windows 10 Office 365
    hi micron
    tks for yr inputs.
    I am aware that c/r without closing would popup password request.
    Perhaps as u mentioned, backup process is creating the popup even after closing.
    I will wait for a day to see if anyone else comes up with an idea.
    Otherwise will reset the option on all dbs as otherwise users get worried about the password request for no reason.

Windows 10 Office 365
    As there are no further responses to my query, I will close this thread.
    I have reset the option of compact on close.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.