jim.thornton is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Can't get a subform to display correctly

For some reason I cannot got my subform to display correctly.

I've attached two screenshots, and the first is the subform that I was able to create using the wizard. I linked more than one table, so the subform displayed correctly from the beginning.

However, the second is a new form I'm working on. I'm creating a form with tabs, each tab is going to display a list (continuous form) showing all Income sources entered for a Household. But, when I embed the form it keeps displaying as a data entry form.

Any idea's how to fix this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails access-subform-1.PNG   access-scenario-subform.PNG  

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    If you have form set for Continuous then it should show as Continuous.

If you want to provide db for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Don't know why, but sometimes you have to set continuous as the default and "Allow form view" to no. I would do that plus set allow datasheet view to no and see if that fixes it.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Micron, I did try that and no change.

Here is an example DB that I created to show you the problem.

It probably has something to do with the way I'm doing it.

My purpose for the tabs and the subform is to *display* data only. The edits will be turned off and to add data I will create a data entry dialog form. That's why I want it showing in tabular form. I tried embedding a table, and it seems to show correctly, but I don't know if I will have the same control.

I did get it to work on my Main form, but I did that by using the wizard, adding data from two tables, and then select to create one subform and Access did it automatically. i don't know how to do it if it is the only form I'm embedding into the nav tab.

Please take a look at my example.
    Attached Files Attached Files

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    I opened your Navigation Form and the subform is in datasheet view. I set it to continuous view and the records are continuous (vertical scroll is available). However, if you want them to look like datasheet then you need to rearrange the controls so they are side-by-side and move their labels into header section (cut/paste).
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    You only have one record in your sample table, so certainly it looks like a form view, but it is not. If that is not the situation in your real db, then there is something else awry.
    I'm also going to assume that you forgot to set the form to show as continuous in your example and are not forgetting this setting in your real db.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    OK. Thanks. I didn't know that I would have to rearrange them.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.