Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jpvonhemel is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by orange View Post
    What exactly does your sample query indicate? That is, what does he result mean?

Code:
    SELECT tblStrings.[fldAccountNumber], tblStrings.[fldMRN], tblStrings.[fldPatientName], tblStrings.[fldArrivalDate], tblStrings.[fldStatedComplaint], tblStrings.[fldReasonForVisit], tblStrings.[fldPrimaryDx], tblStrings.[fldSecondaryDx], tblStrings.[fldTertiaryDx], tblStrings.[calcAllRFVFields]
    FROM tblStrings
    WHERE (((tblStrings.[calcAllRFVFields]) Like "*Thorax*" Or (tblStrings.[calcAllRFVFields]) Like "*Bite*" Or (tblStrings.[calcAllRFVFields]) Like "*MVC" Or (tblStrings.[calcAllRFVFields]) Like "MCC" Or (tblStrings.[calcAllRFVFields]) Like "*Assault*"));
    MCC?

MVC ---motor vehicle collision?

I was hoping for some categorization of Injuries and some keywords/symptoms related to each.
    There are some lists shown here that could be used to simplify overall processing. But it depends on what is really needed and what resources you (org needing the info) have for this project.

For example: If you had a table of injury types and for each injury type there was a predefined(at least partially) list of symptoms/description, then you could search for a number of these symptoms in the incoming data and assign a most likely injury. It would not be 100 % but would improve over time as words are added/removed/adjusted. You could even assign some weights to a particular patient visit based on the number of keywords found per injury type. In addition you could identify the part of the body affected and perhaps more words to focus the injury. Generally more categories and identifier/keywords within the category to refine the weight/diagnosis. Just some wild suggestions to help focus the issue your query and process is trying to solve and the eventual usage of the result.

Good luck with your project.
    MCC is common an abbreviation for Motorcycle Crash. The query results are intended to help me see the injured patients who I have to review and track, from the medical patients who are not in my scope. I am ok with the string search not being 100% just because it used to be like the Flintstones, meaning paper ruler pencil and a lot of hand writing. Was hopeful for the facility could just answer a system query ie injury, medical, or both that I could use. So rather than get up like Oliver and say “Can I have More!”, I just STFU and work with what I have and do the best I can. Healthcare IT is hella dysfunctional and those responsible don’t respond well when their shortcomings are pointed out to them or when you try to hold people accountable. Won’t go down that road again.

Thank you for your help! I’ll take a look at the lists tomorrow along with the attachment suggestion from another person.
    Last edited by jpvonhemel; 09-14-2020 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Clarification

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.