Pressing F8 that should run the current command line VBScript when debugging does not work. Win10

Pressing F8 that should run the current command line VBScript when debugging does not work. Win10. MS Office 365.
    Is required to prevent the insertion of a "stop" in each line. (Pressing F5 runs debbuger to the end of the procedure).
    May be changes in keyboard functional keys definitions will help and what will be the new setting for the F8 functional key

to perform the required operation?

Thanks a lot for help !!!

ranman256 is online now VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    F8 is step 1 line of code...SOME LAPTOPS (mine) has the default F-keys reversed. so its acutualy running Shift-F8 w/o pressing shift.
    So i have to do FN key-F8 to get it to step normal F8 function.

or your F8 is busted.

Quote Originally Posted by ranman256 View Post
    F8 is step 1 line of code...SOME LAPTOPS (mine) has the default F-keys reversed. so its acutualy running Shift-F8 w/o pressing shift.
    So i have to do FN key-F8 to get it to step normal F8 function.

or your F8 is busted.

Thank you for your answer.

I tryed to use F8 functional key with "Shift" or "Cntr" button, but it doesn't work.

What do you mean when you write "your F8 is busted"? Does this mean - to override the functional key F8 on my laptop?
    I found an article in internet that explains how create a new keyboard layout to override the exising one and use both of them from time to time. But I don't know what definition I should give for F8 according to my goal to execute program running in VBScript for only one command line.

davegri is online now Excess Access
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    I found an article in internet that explains how create a new keyboard layout to override the exising one and use both of them from time to time.
    I suspect that's the problem. Did the article explain how to set the keyboard back to OEM default?

"Did the article explain how to set the keyboard back to OEM default?".

I remember that there was a full description of how to create a new keyboard layout and how to use the new one and the old one simultaneously switching between both of them, in both directions.

The question that still open is : what is the required set up for functional key F8 for to execute the necessary operation.

I can assume that if this key is left without definition for the newly created layout, the required definition for the key will come automatically from the MS Office 365 and MS Access software when using them.

Hello, ranman256 !!!

Thanks a lot for your solution ! It works !

Following your advice, I pressed Fn key with F8 key and it gave me the required result.

Thanks a lot ! No definitions of new keyboard layouts were needed.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.