markjkubicki is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit

form desigcner add-in ?

does anyone know of a good form designer add-in?
    ...that has snaps, alignments, and all of the nice basic LAYOUT tools that a good graphics program, such an In-design, might have.

getting a bit tired of resetting format every time I make a couple of adjustments / additions to a form / report and inadvertently grab / move/ shift / re-size "something" else...

(and as i get older, and my eyes keep pace, it would even be nice to be able to zoom in, just a bit, to easier see what i am doing to the layout...)

just a thought
    much appreciated in advance

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    If you find one, I imagine many will appreciate a link to it in your thread. However, your issue might be due to not knowing shortcuts or tips for designing, since any add in will likely only replicate native Access functionality anyway. If that is the case, then the add in will only be able to do what you can already do but may not know how to. F'rinstance, did you know that
    - if you select a control (or a bunch) ctrl+< (arrow keys) moves a tiny amount left (or right,up,down)
    - if you select and only press arrow key, control moves a greater amount?
    - if you select and shift <> control width grows?
    - you can have a master form loaded with all controls with properties you set, then copy a (or a selection) of controls and drop them on a new form, thereby having all with the font, background, color, etc. properties already set?
    - that there is apparently a way to set your properties and then all new controls from the toolbox will have those properties? (sorry, can't again find where I read that at the moment)
    - that layout view is pretty much a WYSIWYG way to design forms and reports
    - that groupings make design a pain (I always remove them if a wizard was involved)
    - that Alt+J+A gives you all the ribbon Arrange tab commands if you like keyboard shortcuts
    - that an unwanted change is fixed lickety-split with ctrl+z? That a repeat is simply ctrl+Y?

I suppose I could go on, but you might be more interested in an add-in as you mentioned. Besides, that's about all I can think of for now.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

davegri is offline Excess Access
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Here's the one that I couldn't get along without. This gives real precision.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	align.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	42946

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    I've modified the QAT - added my most used functions (for now). Still tinkering with it.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	QAT1.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	42947
    Attached Files Attached Files

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    if I move something by mistake - it's ctrl-z for me

must admit I can see zooming in design view having it's uses on occasion

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.