fishhead is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Continuous form question

Can someone suggest how i might create a continuous form that would have the following fields [startdate] [term] [value] [growthrate]

where
    [startdate] = the day i wish to start the calculations
    [term] = how long i want the calculations to continue (in this field i will enter 365 if i wish the make a calculation for each day of 1 full year)
    [value] = my starting value
    [growthrate] = how much i wish to increase the previous records [value]

So what i'm trying to do is have a form with a header as follows: (this i already know how to do)
    [startdate] [term] [value] [growthrate]
    9/8/20 365 $1000 $10

with 365 continuous records in 1 day increments that start with a [value] of $1000 for record 1, and $1010 for record 2, $1020 for record 3 ..... all the way until the end of the year (record 365).

I'm not sure how to set this up. Can anyone suggest a simple structure?

thanks in advance.

Bob Fitz is offline Access Developer
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Take a look at the attached db. Post back if you have any questions.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If this helped, please click the star at the bottom left of this posting and add to my reputation . Many thanks.
    Bob Fitzpatrick

Thanks Bob,
    i can see this works perfectly but i don't know how to reverse engineer it as you created in in VBA.
    I was hoping for help building this with queries and macros (which i'm familiar with).

Would you be able to tell me how to have the form create 365 records (without using VBA)? I should be able to take it from there.

I just figured out i can use the REPEAT COUNT in the RunMacro expression to create my desired records. For some reason though when i run this (with the repeat count set to 365) it usually crashes around record 40 with the error "the command or action "Paste" isn't available now". Can anyone suggest why this would be happening? it never stops at the same record # it appears to be random at around the 40 record mark.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by fishhead View Post
    I just figured out i can use the REPEAT COUNT in the RunMacro expression to create my desired records. For some reason though when i run this (with the repeat count set to 365) it usually crashes around record 40 with the error "the command or action "Paste" isn't available now". Can anyone suggest why this would be happening? it never stops at the same record # it appears to be random at around the 40 record mark.
    I'm sorry but I haven't really used macros for over 20 years. Whatever I knew has long since been forgotten.
    I'd be more than happy to help with explaining the code I used.
    It sounds to me as though what you actually want is a solution to a problem in another database. I'd be happy to help you with that too but of course I would need more details.
    If this helped, please click the star at the bottom left of this posting and add to my reputation . Many thanks.
    Bob Fitzpatrick

thanks Bob, that is very generous.
    I'm creating an application that will automatically track a specific stock i plug in the front end and show me specific variances over time - to help identify patterns etc.

ultimately i plan on loading thousands of records of data into the model (the more the merrier as they say), and will be looking for specific trends.

I have been using MSaccess for many years though never the VBA functions. So i'm at a bit disadvantage in that regard. Once done i should be able to look at historical data to see if my predictions are accurate or if the model needs to be adjusted further etc.

I would love a hand with this if you are still offering? is it possible to PM you?

regards,
    Steve

Windows 10 Access 2016
    For the benefit of all members, it would be better to carry on here.
    Bob Fitzpatrick

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.