HelenWM is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2010 64bit

How to join info from two different tables for a report.

I am doing a database for our Free Store at our church. Among my tables I have a Members Table which includes Member number, first name, last name, and cell phone number. I have another table that shows items received monthly. I need a report showing first name, last name, and phone number of those who received items at least one time in October, November, January & February. How do I combine this info into one report. I do have a relationship set up between the table with the phone and the table with the date received. I know this is a simple question but one I can't wrap my head around at the moment. Do you have any suggestions?

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Build a query that joins tables. Use that query as report RecordSource.

It's your filter criteria that is complicated. You want only those members who received item in each of all 4 months?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

orange is online now Moderator
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    Further to June's question, can you give readers a clear English description (no jargon) of
    -the major processes involved and
    -the purpose of the Report you are working on.
    Unsure who receives what???
    You get/receive Items from "donors" during the month and you provide items to members during the month??
    Please clarify.
    Good luck with your project.

Thank you for your responses. I typically don't have a problem such as this but due to Covid, we are having to figure out how to get items to people in need without personal contact. The director asked me to generate a list of members who received items in at least one month. October, November, January or February. She wants the list to include their cell phone numbers so that she can call them to let them know that they will see that they get items without personal contact. We get donations and then one Saturday per month we allow shoppers "Members" to shop. It is recorded what they receive and then I have the Access database where I record those items received. This is the first time the director has requested their cell phone numbers. The phone numbers are listed in a table with their addresses, etc. The other table I am talking about shows the items they receive each month. The director only wants to contact regulars and needs the phone numbers from the "Members" table. I was able to generate the Members list with phone numbers but don't know how to connect it to the table that shows what they received either one or more of the four months. I do have the two tables linked in a relationship. Obviously I am not a person with a lot of experience so have to have things explained in a very elementary way. Thank you for any help you are able to offer.

June7 is offline VIP
    Would be nice to know data structure. Suppose you have a date/time field for date of item received. Did you try applying filter criteria: WHERE Month([DateIssue]) IN (1,2,10,11)

Now, since you show months Oct thru Feb, do you want to restrict to a specific fiscal year?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

orange is online now Moderator
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    Helen,

Can you show us the table designs that you have?
    You could (for each table)
    -open a table in design view
    -do a PrtSc (Print screen) to copy to the clipboard
    -paste (the clipboard content) to a file in a directory
    -attach that file(s) to a post
    It will show up as an attached graphic (jpg/png..) and will help readers to understand your issue.
    Good luck.

October and November are 2019 and January and February are 2020.

I am so frustrated. I did a screen shot and couldn't get the clipboard content to paste into a file. I guess I should not be trying to do this.

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Breathe. Relax....

Do you have PowerPoint?
    What I do is do a screen capture (ctl + print screen) then paste into PowerPoint. Do whatever editing you want. Then do a "Save As" and change the "Save as type" option to "png". Change the name in you want to.
    If you want to make the image smaller, open the png file you created in Paint.

Lastly, attach the png file to a post......

June7 is offline VIP
    WHERE Format([DateIssue], "mYYYY") IN ("12020","22020","102019","112019")

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    WHERE Format([DateIssue], "mYYYY") IN ("12020","22020","102019","112019")

As you know by now, I don't really know what I am doing. Thanks to all of you for your patience.

Where would I enter the above info?

Thank you for all the help all of you have given me. I finally had to find another way to get the information I needed.

June7 is offline VIP
    Suggestion was filter criteria for a query.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.