BrittKnee is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Sorting Week Number

Hi! I currently have a query that returns the week number for a given date. I need week numbers 1-9 to include a 0 (01, 02, etc.) so that the weeks sort in the correct order. I currently use Datepart("ww",Assigned_Date). Thanks!

Bob Fitz is offline Access Developer
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by BrittKnee View Post
    Hi! I currently have a query that returns the week number for a given date. I need week numbers 1-9 to include a 0 (01, 02, etc.) so that the weeks sort in the correct order. I currently use Datepart("ww",Assigned_Date). Thanks!
    Why do you need the preceding zero.
    Datepart("ww",Assigned_Date) will sort correctly.
    If this helped, please click the star at the bottom left of this posting and add to my reputation . Many thanks.
    Bob Fitzpatrick

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Try:
    Code:
    WkNum: IIf(CInt(DatePart("ww",[Assigned_Date]))<10,"0" & CInt(DatePart("ww",[Assigned_Date])),CInt(DatePart("ww",[Assigned_Date])))
    If this helped, please click the star at the bottom left of this posting and add to my reputation . Many thanks.
    Bob Fitzpatrick

Windows 10 Access 2016
    This works except for when Assigned_Date is blank. In this case it returned #error. I tried:

Code:
    IIf(CInt(DatePart,("ww",Assinged_Date=""))),"",IIf(CInt(DatePart("ww",[Assigned_Date]))<10,"0" & CInt(DatePart("ww",[Assigned_Date])),CInt(DatePart("ww",[Assigned_Date]))))

Thanks!

[/code]

Windows 10 Access 2016
    This works except for when Assigned_Date is blank. In this case it returned #error. I tried:

Code:
    IIf(CInt(DatePart,("ww",Assinged_Date=""))),"",IIf(CInt(DatePart("ww",[Assigned_Date]))<10,"0" & CInt(DatePart("ww",[Assigned_Date])),CInt(DatePart("ww",[Assigned_Date]))))

Thanks!
    Try:

Code:
    WkNum: IIf(CInt(DatePart("ww",Nz([Assigned_Date],0)))<10,"0" & CInt(DatePart("ww",Nz([Assigned_Date],0))),CInt(DatePart("ww",Nz([Assigned_Date],0))))
    Bob Fitzpatrick

Windows 10 Access 2016
    This returned 52 for all records that do not have an assigned date. I appreciate your help!

Windows 10 Access 2016
    This returned 52 for all records that do not have an assigned date. I appreciate your help!
    Hopefully this will return 60

WkNum: IIf(CInt(DatePart("ww",Nz([Assigned_Date],60)))<10,"0" & CInt(DatePart("ww",Nz([Assigned_Date],60))),CInt(DatePart("ww",Nz([Assigned_Date],60))))
    Bob Fitzpatrick

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.