Frannilea is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2007

Question Import Sound Files From A Website (Papago) For Language Learning App

Hi.

I'm an unskilled beginner, who wrote a small access database to help myself learn Korean. It works reasonably well for a beginner application, I think (a skilled programmer will probably notice my steep learning curve in the coding, lol and be able to make vast improvements, I'm sure - I did it over a couple weekends of steep learning and some minor code stealing, lol). I'm still making small adjustments as I use it over the last week or so. I've attached it in a .zip file. I'll eventually have to add an archive type database as my database expands, I realise, because it'll get slower and maybe eventually fall over - that's fine. I started off small, then it kind of grew as I came up with more ideas lol! Alongside it I also use Anki, a space repetition app.

The words are meant to go through the "FutureWord" section first, Listening, Reading, Meaning - this is the memorisation section (with advancement counts on how well I do on each word), then they get transferred into the Acquisition section, for Listening and Recall, where the emphasis is on immediate recall on hearing the word or seeing the English meaning, in order to make my brain remember them by reflex - acquisition. The words drop off after so many immediate recalls. I keep the two sections completely separate because I also use VLC player to make daily playlists of the words I'm acquiring and I only want to concentrate on 100 words at a time as this seems to be my personal optimal number. Alongside it I also use Anki, a space repetition app in order to ensure that I don't forget the word after I've fully learned it.

I kind of use the two side by side now. Anki has an add-on where it imports sound files, however the import mechanism for Papago has broken and I hate Google Translate - it might be fine for romantic languages (those related to English), but it sucks big time for translation from Korean to English, and the sound files are really bad, fake sounding and not speech realistic. Papago is massively better. Is there an easy way, for an unskilled beginner to import sound files directly from Papago in Firefox? I can download them individually with Firefox, no problem, but it's time consuming and I intend to learn thousands of more words.

I could find nothing on this, so I'm wondering if it's even possible, let alone doable by an unskilled beginning amateur. I'd like this to occur in the "Future Word Entry" form in the "Future Word List" section.

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Frannilea; 08-13-2020 at 04:48 AM.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.