Frannilea is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2007

Question Expression Builder - wrong number of arguments

Hi!

I'm going cross-eyed. Sorry! I'm a beginner. What the heck is wrong with this expression??

=Sum(IIf(([WordList]![NumListAttempt]>24 And [WordList]![NumSccssList]<10) Or ([WordList]![NumSccssRec]>10 And [WordList]![NumSccssList]<16,1,0)))

I just want it to count the number of rows and insert the result. I have about 10 of these on one form, but this one isn't working. I added the extra bit in red plus an extra set of brackets. It's supposed to work like (a & b) or (c & d). I tried adding the bit in blue after "b" also. Nothing seems to work.

=Sum(IIf([WordList]![NumSccssList]>9 And [WordList]![NumRecAttempt]>24 And [WordList]![NumSccssRec]<10,1,0))

If found a basic expression like this one =Sum(IIf([WordList]![NumSccssList]<16,1,0)), and have managed to work out how to expand it to suit my needs, like the the one immediately above, and many expressions similar works on my form, but the previous one doesn't.

Thanks in advance! :-)

Frannilea is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2007
    Ah! I finally worked it out for myself! (I spent over an hour before I posted, lol!) I must have needed that coffee break!

=Sum(IIf(([WordList]![NumListAttempt]>24 And [WordList]![NumSccssList]<10) Or ([WordList]![NumSccssRec]>10 And [WordList]![NumSccssList]<16),1,0))

This one works! :-)

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.