https://www.projectmanager.com/pm/mi...roject%20trial
    or
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/micr...ement-software

Etoimos is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by mike60smart View Post
    Hi

The Calendar I uploaded contains a lot of VB Code

In order not to break any of the Code I left the names of the table the same.

All you need to do is change the Label from Employee to Event for the Combobox

The Contents of tblEmployees is actually a list of your Events

Hmm, it is easy enough for me to know that Employee equals Events within this database, but others will not know that if they have to mess with the db when I'm not around. But as you say, there is a ton of code that calls on the phrase Employee. So, I don't think it would be easy to go in and change all of those instances. This might just have to be a messy solution for what we are trying to do.

When I add a new appointment to the calendar it displays the start time of that appointment in the Monthly view. Do you know how to make it so that that time does not show up?

Quote Originally Posted by NoellaG View Post

Thanks for those links. However, the powers that be would like for this to be within our current database.

Hi

Yet again the Start Time display is controlled by Code so it would take a lot of digging to resolve.

You could ask the developer Peter Hibbs how to sort
    You can PM me if you need further help.
    Good Reading https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/off...on-description

Quote Originally Posted by mike60smart View Post
    Hi

Yet again the Start Time display is controlled by Code so it would take a lot of digging to resolve.

You could ask the developer Peter Hibbs how to sort
    Thanks. Is Peter Hibbs on this forum or how would I go about contacting him?

Playing with this some more, I do not think it is going to work without major code changes. Since I changed the Employee to be an Event, I have to use the appointment system to assign a person and position for that day. It has issues with "Event" having multiple "appointments" at the same time.

It might work for a different calendar need we have however.

Gicu is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Have a look at these two files I had for a long time, I think they might be closer to what you need.
    Cheers,
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Vlad Cucinschi
    MS Access Developer
    http://forestbyte.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Gicu View Post
    Have a look at these two files I had for a long time, I think they might be closer to what you need.
    Cheers,
    Hi Vlad, thanks for posting those two. Unfortunately neither of these are really what I'm looking for either. The db posted by Mike (and made by Peter Hibbs) is pretty much what I want in form and very close in function. The biggest hang up with it is that it will not allow appointments to overlap. I think if I would work out how to make it allow overlapping appointments, it would work just fine for what we need.

Gicu is offline VIP
    Could you upload what you have right now? And maybe a mock-up with what you want it to do (in terms of "multiple" appointments).
    Cheers,
    Vlad Cucinschi
    MS Access Developer

Could you upload what you have right now? And maybe a mock-up with what you want it to do (in terms of "multiple" appointments).
    Cheers,
    Here what I have so far. As you can see, I've changed the employee label to Event and added in my Event names. I also edited the Categories to reflect the different positions in our lab. After doing those things, I can create an appointment for "GTI-08a", selecting the Category and then using the Subject field, I put in an employees name. Save that and it shows up on the calendar. I can do that for each of the posistions as needed, but I have to selected a different time period for each, otherwise it errors out due to the validation some place. Selecting different times for each of the 4-6 employees is really cumbersome. It would also be better if it did not display the appointment start time next to the subject test either. If it would allow multiple appoints at the same time, it would work close enough to what we need. The "Recurrence" feature on this one is very nice and can save us a lot of time entering the schedule.

Ideally I'd like to have a system that would allow me to have an Event with 6 positions (BOA, SBIRS Sim, etc) and then assign employees to each of those positions. Since we can have more than one Event going on at the same time, if it could limit the selection of employees to only those that were not already assigned to another event, that would be the best.

Gicu is offline VIP
    Please have a look at this updated file. I have changed the table/field names to match yours (left the control names and variables as they were too many). It should work as you describe above. To remove the start up time from the appointment I simply unchecked the ShowStart in the tblCalendarSettings. I have commented out the code that prevented the overlapping appointments so no you can have multiple employees at the same time. Added your Operators table and used that for the "subject" in a combo that excludes the ones that are not available (meaning already scheduled within that time frame).

Cheers,
    Vlad
    Vlad Cucinschi
    MS Access Developer

Please have a look at this updated file. I have changed the table/field names to match yours (left the control names and variables as they were too many). It should work as you describe above. To remove the start up time from the appointment I simply unchecked the ShowStart in the tblCalendarSettings. I have commented out the code that prevented the overlapping appointments so no you can have multiple employees at the same time. Added your Operators table and used that for the "subject" in a combo that excludes the ones that are not available (meaning already scheduled within that time frame).

Cheers,
    Vlad
    As always, you are the man Vlad! I would like to change the table "tblEvents" to "TEstEvents" so that I can merge this db with my main db and just have the single table to update with events. Or maybe it would be easier to change the table and code in my main db?

Gicu is offline VIP
    The easiest way is to import all the objects from the calendar db into your main db then create a select query based on your TestEvents table making sure the field names are exactly the same as in the new tblEvents. Save the query as tblEvents and you should get prompted to overwrite the existing table.

Cheers,
    Vlad Cucinschi
    MS Access Developer

The easiest way is to import all the objects from the calendar db into your main db then create a select query based on your TestEvents table making sure the field names are exactly the same as in the new tblEvents. Save the query as tblEvents and you should get prompted to overwrite the existing table.

Cheers,
    Thanks Vlad, I'll play around with making a select query to handle this.

Gicu is offline VIP
    I had a look and you need to add a new field (EventID/Autonumber/Primary Key) to the TestEvents table.
    You can use this version.

Cheers,
    Vlad Cucinschi
    MS Access Developer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.