amallon is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2007

Production Display for 50" TV

Hi,

I'd like some recomendations as to how you guys would display the data below on a 50" TV in a kitchen so staff can see what needs to be cooked. I created the crude prototype using label controls. I want it to be a nice looking form and the users must have the ability to tweak what has been produced to allow for errors in the cooking qantities or items being dropped. What control would you use?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ProductionView.jpg  

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Getting form to display 2 sets of columns is difficult to impossible.

Data controls (textbox, combobox, listbox, etc) are for display of data from table.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Agree - would forget the 2 column idea unless you're willing to have 2 subforms on a form. You can limit each to 12 records as you show, but then what happens when your 2 columns are full? No more records allowed?

As far as tweaking anything, can only be done from the pc? Unless you have a tv with a touch screen, which I've never head of but then...
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

CJ_London is offline VIP
    What size is the screen from which you took your screenshot? maximum form width is 22" so for a 50" tv I'm guessing you will really need to bump up the magnification to fill the screen - so resolution may not be great. Or have two forms side by side rather than two subforms. Or if this just for display, perhaps with a timer to refresh on a regular basis, use a report which can have columns and can be designed to look like your design - but still limited to 22" width

Have you considered turning the screen 90 degrees to portrait mode to have one tall form?

How do you expect this to work?

the users must have the ability to tweak what has been produced to allow for errors in the cooking qantities or items being dropped

A separate (smaller) screen and keyboard? touchscreen? using the same form?

trevor40 is offline Advanced db Manager
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    What about Tab control on form
    And touch screens can be made in any size $$$ Zytronics for reference

amallon is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    What size is the screen from which you took your screenshot? maximum form width is 22" so for a 50" tv I'm guessing you will really need to bump up the magnification to fill the screen - so resolution may not be great. Or have two forms side by side rather than two subforms. Or if this just for display, perhaps with a timer to refresh on a regular basis, use a report which can have columns and can be designed to look like your design - but still limited to 22" width

Have you considered turning the screen 90 degrees to portrait mode to have one tall form?

How do you expect this to work?

A separate (smaller) screen and keyboard? touchscreen? using the same form?
    I was intending to have a wireless keyboard & mouse so no need for touchscreen.

CJ_London is offline VIP
    I asked 4 questions, you answered 1. I made 3 suggestions which you have not commented on. So hopefully you now have enough information to make an informed decision.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.