Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 18 of 18
  1. #16
    mike60smart is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Living in Scotland UK
    Posts
    374
    Hi Phil

    I would probably make the Product Form a Single Form
    Then have the Services as a Continuous Form below that Product Record.



    Use Navigation buttons in the Header of Products to Navigate to other Records.

  2. #17
    pncbiz is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Office 365
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    21
    UGH! I am so close...

    Here's what I did. Under the Service Catalog tab, I built an unbound subform with a list that shows all the products associated with the current contract. Right next to it, I built a subform to do the allocation (capture ServiceID and percentage) in continuous forms. The idea being that you click on the product in the list, then add service catalog allocations for that product. When you click the next product in the list, the allocation form goes blank (if no data for that product) or shows the data already available. Simple concept with what I am finding to be COMPLEX execution.

    The list works great (now) and I can copy the OrderProductID over to the continuous subform. But I'm getting lots of weird data integrity warnings, and can't figure out how to make the form on the right synchronize correctly with the selection on the left. I REALLY want to avoid having a product single form and continuous allocation forms...there are several "types" of allocation I need to do, so I'd have to collapse all those types into one table, etc....a pain. Not to mention, painful to enter the data (better to just go line by line in the contract adding products, then go back and add allocations as opposed to doing allocations by product).

  3. #18
    pncbiz is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Office 365
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    21
    After an enormous amount of plugging (and plugging...and plugging...and plugging) I think I finally got it! It all came back to having requeries seemingly EVERYWHERE, as well as forcing the list to choose the first item when it populates to trigger all the related queries appropriately. I'm going to play with it some more tomorrow to confirm I have it right and to clean up all the visible text boxes I was using to help troubleshoot. Thanks to all of you for being willing to help and for providing great ideas. Ultimately, I wound up bringing all of your ideas together to solve the problem! I'm going to mark this solved...the big picture idea is complete...any remaining issues will be technical. Thanks everyone!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-05-2015, 07:34 AM
  2. Eliminating Repetitive Data in a query/report
    By Ranger7913 in forum Queries
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-03-2014, 12:40 PM
  3. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-29-2014, 12:48 AM
  4. Quick repetitive data entry in form
    By scottfrock in forum Forms
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-15-2013, 11:08 AM
  5. format number filed to significant digits
    By stileguru in forum Reports
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-13-2010, 01:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Other Forums: Microsoft Office Forums - Senior Forums