sdyk76 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Office 365

Question Best way to get data into MS Word

I'm still pretty new to Access and I'm building my first database that will be used by multiple users. I've got normalized tables and all the forms for the end users to input/edit data but now I need to extract that data in meaningful ways and am having some trouble.

I need to get records from a parameterized query into MS word in a specific format. I also need to get data from one record to fill out a company template form. In general, what is the best way for moving data from Access to MS Word? By best I mean least prone to error (user or otherwise) and able to produce consistent results.

What I've tried:
    1. Exporting a report. The issue here is that the formatting looks nothing like it does in Access. Is there some trick here for getting a report to appear in Word the way it does in Access?
    2. Mail Merge. Clunky and seems to be error prone. Also can't run with a parameterized query.

I have a *little* vba experience (~50 hours experience from 5 years ago in Excel) and I'm not against hunkering down and learning the VBA necessary to make this happen but if there is something simple that I am missing I'd like to know.

Thanks!

Hi

If you have your Report formatted as you want in Access, Why do you want to then move it to Word?
    You can PM me if you need further help.
    Good Reading https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/off...on-description

sdyk76 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Office 365
    Hey Mike - in one case the template I am trying to get data into needs to continue to be edited by the user. The document would ideally populate a majority of the data from an Access record and then the end user would only have to populate the parts of the document that aren't contained within Access.

Hi

Not having any idea of your full business process it is difficult to point you to any solution.

If you are producing a Report in Access what parts of the document would not be available in Access?
    You can PM me if you need further help.
    Good Reading https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/off...on-description

Have you tried to export the report as pdf? You can automize that with fairly simple VBA. And if you have adobe installed you can update a pdf.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.