forbudt4u is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Office 365

Question Report Batch File Creation & Email

Hello, I have about 20 years of experience with Excel and can navigate tables and queries in Access pretty well. However, I am a novice at the report functionality within in Access... so, I am needing some direction with an issue I'm having.

I have an Asset Tracking database that I have created a report in that is doing exactly what I need it to do in regards to how it groups my report by Holder & Status, and by page. The only problem is that I have between 150-200 Asset Holders at any given time that I need to send a monthly inventory report to. So, I'm trying not to manually create 150-200 individual reports and emailing them to each respective Holder once a month.

I need to see if there is a way when I run the report for it to do the following:

1. Create individual PDF files that names the reports "FAW Small Assets Inventory Report, [Holder], Today()"
    2. With a Page of Page Footer that represents the page count for the respective Holder report rather than the overall report
    3. Looks up the respective Holder's E-Mail address within a contact table in the database, and emails the respective report to each Holder individually

I don't necessarily need to have a historical record of the PDF file, so I don't care if it saves the PDF to a temporary file location and deletes them once emailed.

This may not be easily accomplished and I know there will likely be additional questions/confirmations in order to help me, but any help you guys could give would be greatly appreciated.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    All of that is possible with VBA and has been topic of numerous discussions. Check the suggested links at bottom of this thread.

Open a recordset of Holders with email, loop recordset to open filtered report for Holder, use SendObject to send email, close report, move to next record, repeat.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.