Kmerritt is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

ODBC Advantage connection issue after Office reinstall

Hello all!

I'm having a very unique issue on one user's computer with an Access database not being able to connect to tables via an Advantage ODBC connection. This connects to a program called CAMS that we use. The issue started after I re-installed their Office program to fix an Outlook issue. After doing that the "ODBC - Call error" popped up whenever trying to pull anything from the database, even something as simple as an Excel sheet. The error code afterwards is 3146. I've checked the ODBC settings & ODBC drivers on their computer and they're identical to every other computer in the office and they can all run the database. Note the database does open without giving any kind of error, it's only when trying to pull a file from it that the ODBC error comes up.

This is the string in the Linked table manager to the tables the database uses:

DSN=CAMS;DataDirectory=T:\;SERVER=CAMSP01;CharSet= ANSI;Compression= ;DefaultType=FoxPro;Rows=False;AdvantageLocking=ON ;Locking=Record;MemoBlockSize=64;MaxTableCloseCach e=5;ServerTypes=7;TrimTrailingSpaces=True

Me and a couple engineers have tried solving this and are stumped, so hoping someone on here can help out. Let me know if you'd like any additional info. Thank you in advanced for your help!

ranman256 is online now VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    It could be the driver,
    try adding a new Dsn. Add in your driver and see if it connects.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    You think add a DSN to the driver in ODBC manager or in the Linked table manager?

Windows 10 Access 2016
    We got this resolved! Turns out the user had the 64-bit version of Windows installed, and this program is only compatible with the 32-bit version. Somewhere between me initially installing Office on their computer and re-installing it, the portal defaulted to the 64-bit installation. Uninstalling the 64-bit and installing the 32-bit did the trick.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.