joym is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit

Question MS access Date and Time Function does not work on some New PC and Laptop

I created a database for recording trouble ticket that has uses a date and time field which uses event procedure on click , format is General Date and the default value is =now(). The database worked fine until our department installed it on new PC and Laptops. On the new PC which is also has Windows 10 Pro and MS Access 2013 when you use the database it gives an error message the value you added is not valid for this field. If you do not click on the date and time field and use the date and time input which was using the =now() function than there is no issues. however once u click on the field you will get the error message.

I created another field without the on click even procedure and even if you use the date picker to select the date it will give you the same error message. I used the same database on another PC with Windows 10 Pro and ms Access 2013 and both the fields worked fine and you could even edit within the fields and change the date or time manually without getting an error message. Anyone now what might the issue be.

PS i have checked the date and time settings on both the PC it is the same , Keyboard language and Region settings. tried to use the cmd commands to unregister and register w32tm and net start w32Time. Also Went to Windows Time services and changed the startup type to automatic but nothing has worked so far.

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    other things to check

you have the same 'bit' version of access - your monica says you are using 64bit access - is the new pc and laptop using the same?
    in VBA check you are not missing any libraries - even if you have no code or only use macro's the functionality of access can be affected by a missing library. In the VBA window go to Tools>References and check there are none missing

joym is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MS access.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	16.9 KB 
ID:	42274
    there are 3 PC that this database works on with this version of the 64bit ms access. There is another pc with exactly the same version of ms access where i do get the error message.

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    and the libraries?

If they are all there then try a) compiling your code (ensure option explicit is at the top of every module) and b) compact/repair

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.