Referencing problem

Hi Ive got 2 problems. Ive got a client and a debtors table. i need a text box where i type the debtorID and the form jumps to that record. the problem is that some clients have the same debtorID so below that id like a dropdown box where the duplicated results are and I choose from there which one I want.

The second problem is that I have a payments table with the debtor and client id as well as their amount. I want a total of the amount for each debtore, Ive used a Select SUm statement but the box gives me a "#Name?" instead. any assistance would be appreciated. thanks

Re: Referencing problem

Quote Originally Posted by thegamezn
    Hi Ive got 2 problems. Ive got a client and a debtors table. i need a text box where i type the debtorID and the form jumps to that record. the problem is that some clients have the same debtorID so below that id like a dropdown box where the duplicated results are and I choose from there which one I want.
    Use a ComboBox control. You can set it to display multiple columns, and use a table or a query as its row source.

Quote Originally Posted by thegamezn
    The second problem is that I have a payments table with the debtor and client id as well as their amount. I want a total of the amount for each debtore, Ive used a Select SUm statement but the box gives me a "#Name?" instead. any assistance would be appreciated. thanks
    Have you tried something like:

SELECT debtor, Sum(amount)
    FROM payments
    GROUP BY debtor

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.