Goyooper is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2010 64bit

Combo box strange behavior

I have many combo boxes in a database I am building. This latest one has been behaving like non other. This is in a linked detail subform with multiple lines. Everything works fine. It inserts the value into the intended field (Long) but the search value (2nd column) can only be seen when the cursor is in the field otherwise is shows as nothing is in the control. The first record in the detail table does show the contents but none of the others are seen.

The LotNumber column should all have entries in them. The combo box does fill in the value into the table though.
    See the attached image
    Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RecipeTemplate.jpg  

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    I have seen this before - in fact, I created a main form/sub form and had the same thing happen to me. It took me over an hour to fix it (learning experience - the forest/trees thingy). I think I had mis-configured the combo box.
    Any chance you would post the dB? Only need a few records. Make a copy of the dB, delete all but a few records, do a compact & repair, then compress/Zip it.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Are you assigning a combo rowsource in Current event with a bound column width of zero?
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Goyooper is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2010 64bit
    Quote Originally Posted by Micron View Post
    Are you assigning a combo rowsource in Current event with a bound column width of zero?
    The tempvar is up dated on the master form's OnCurrent event
    I am not sure I understand your question but here are the screen shots of the query for the LotNumber combo box and the property sheet that pertain to the combo box. I hope this helps to clear up what I am trying to convey. Like I said above every thing is working with the combo box but the text does not show each line item unless I click in the combo box itself.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LotNumber_ComboBox_Query.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	42059Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LotNumber_ComboBox_PropertySheet1.jpg 
Size:	73.7 KB 
ID:	42060Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LotNumber_ComboBox_PropertySheet2.jpg 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	42061

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    If you didn't understand that, then most likely it does not apply.
    I have read that if the bound column of a combo is 0 width and there is code in a form OnCurrent event that sets the control rowsource property, then this sort of behaviour can result. If you have no code in the form's Current event (or perhaps an embedded macro for that event) that does this, then it's not applicable. You have shown the control and rowsource properties but not if there are any events at all for it. Best bet is probably to upload a db copy as suggested.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Combobox with conditional RowSource using alias won't work nice with continuous or datasheet form. Field contains Key but combobox displays descriptive field (the 'alias'). When filter is applied for current record items are not in list for other records so box will be empty because alias value is not available. This is a well-known issue of 'cascading' combobox.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.