willmafingerdo is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Emailing data shown in a split form

Hello,
    I have a split form that i use to maintain and search my database. I am wondering is it possible to make a button to email the filtered search results from the bottom of the split form? so i want to find everyone named Bob.. so i search for all Bob's.. this might not make sense but from there i want to be able to use the filter options on the table view at the bottom of the form to narrow down my results further and make a button to email the final results showing at the bottom of the form.

i have to filter like this because i get various POC's for teh results. if someone could tell me how i could make a query that would pull all the employee's and only send the POC their specific employee's then that would be amazing and i would love you for ever!! dont get excited.. thats not really that good of deal.. ;P

Gicu is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Can you upload a sample db so we could have a look? Only the form in question (and the associated tables/queries of course) with just a couple "dummy" records to show want you want to achieve. Do you have Outlook as your email client or something else. I think you are saying you want to send one email to every filtered record in the form with a specific attachment (POC=?). Usually you would have to loop through the form's recordset (or set another to match the filtered form) and create the email message customized for that record.

Cheers,
    Vlad Cucinschi
    MS Access Developer
    http://forestbyte.com/

I will get a dummy DB to upload, i have some things going on now so it might not be till next week.. but yes I use outlook 365 and agree some kind of loop, like below.. i would want all of POC A's employee' record be sent to POC A, ect.. I learned SQL 12 years ago.. and havent used it since unfortunate, so I am rusty to say the least..

Emp_Name POC
    Employee 1 POC A
    Employee 2 POC A
    Employee 3 POC W
    Employee 4 POC U
    Employee 5 POC W
    Employee 6 POC S
    Employee 7 POC S
    Employee 8 POC W
    Employee 9 POC C
    Employee 10 POC B
    Employee 11 POC B
    Employee 12 POC D
    Employee 13 POC U
    Employee 14 POC C
    Employee 15 POC O
    Employee 16 POC A
    Employee 17 POC C
    Employee 18 POC D
    Employee 19 POC D
    Employee 20 POC E

I know how to run a query and have Access email the results, but i have a possibility of 25 possible POC's and not are always gonna be on the report. so i dont want to have to run a separate report for each POC. I guess if i could even send one to the POC's that dont have anyone letting know that there is no data to report..??

Gicu is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Sorry to ask, but what is a POC? In your sample POC A would get what exactly in the email? A list showing three employee names or IDs (1,2 and 16), a message with a PDF file created by using Docm.OutputTo from an Access report,...

Cheers,
    Vlad Cucinschi
    MS Access Developer
    http://forestbyte.com/

The POC's are Admin Officers that distribute information about employee's under their department to the supervisors, things like promotions, reassignments ect.. The report would be an excel spreadsheet attachment. the body of the email can be one set template. I hope that answered your questions.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.