richely is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

How to combine data from different records into one form

I am trying to find a way to combine data from several records into one form.

My database is for adding new products which we sell, and each product is given a unique sku#, for example prodA-100 and prodA-500 (which correspond to a 100 size and a 500 size, and is the primary key). I add the data for prodA-100 to a form and then duplicate the form and just change the sku# from prodA-100 to prodA-500. Both prodA-100 and prodA-500 products are derived from a larger product which is split down, but is not added to the database as its not sold e.g. prodA-1000

After entering into the database and before being made available for sale, prodA-100 and prodA-500 are added to the website and documentation prepared. This involves some manual annotation and before the products can be made available for sale someone has to check the information in the access database matches the documentation, some of which has been populated from the database, but also has info entered manually.

To do this they currently compare the data in an access form (a different form to the data entry form, but which pulls the relevant fields from it) against the documentation, for each sku#. So, for example to check the prodA-100 they search for the product and then run down the checklist on the form and date stamp it. They then have to repeat the same process for the prodA-500 product, although the majority of the information is actually the same. This means the checking process is a bit repetitive and quite time consuming.

What i would like to do is import the data for checking, for both variants prodA-100 and prodA-500, into one form, so they would only need to check one form for both prodA-100 and prodA-500.

Is this possible in Access?

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    youd use a continuous form that shows all records,
    then a box in the form header to enter the search:

Code:
    sub txtBox_Afterupdate()
    If IsNull(txtBox) Then
      Me.FilterOn = False
    Else
      Me.Filter = "[ProdDetail]='" & txtBox & "'"
      Me.FilterOn = True
    End If
    END SUB

then all the like records will show.
    you can checmark them, or put dates in a field.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.