JAJLMGDS is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Question Complete Subreport only shows in Report View, partial Subreport in Print Preview or on paper

I've read several similar postings, but I can never relate specifically to my issue. Can anyone help?

I have an Access database for recording financial contributions for a small church. There are two types of contributions: "regular" which is the weekly offering from someone, and "special", which are for specific purposes such as Sunday School, Flowers, or Pantry. These are stored in two separate tables, with nothing in common except the envelope number identifying the individual.

My problem arises when trying to produce a report of contribution totals. The top of the report lists the weekly "regular" totals by date just fine. The subreport lists "special" totals by category. The subreport uses queries as the source. Query1 sums all by category. Query2 sums by category but only for the current week. Query3, the source of the subreport, joins the two results by category, with the option to include all records from Query1 and only those records from Query2 where the join fields match. The problem is that only part of the subreport displays in Print Preview or prints (essentially the results of Query 1). The entire subreport displays in Report view (the desired results of Query3).

My environment is Windows 10 with Access 2019. The church environment is Windows 7 with Access 2010. I get the same results in both environments.

I've attached a stripped-down copy of the db, with only items specifically related to this issue. Data for the top half of the report has been removed, but visualize totals for each Sunday of the year. You can examine definitions as you wish. If you want to try the report, you will first need to add some items to the table "Special Contributions" with the date of the most recent Sunday.

Any suggestions on how to approach this to get the desired result will be greatly appreciated.

Jim
    Attached Files Attached Files

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    There is no table "Special Contributions", there is "SpecialContrib". I presume that's the one you meant. The most recent Sunday is May 3 and there are already records for that date.

I see Current Week data is not displaying in PrintPreview. Same happens when subreport is opened independently. Very odd.

I see no reason for q3 to be an aggregate query. However changing to normal select does not fix issue.

I am at a loss.

So I built a new subreport and used that on main report. It shows all data in Print Preview.
    Last edited by June7; 05-10-2020 at 04:39 PM.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    June7, thanks for having a look.

You mentioned that you built a new subreport and used that on main report and it shows all data in Print Preview. Do you mean your subreport was built "from scratch" and looked just like mine? If not, could you explain how your subreport was built? Or, better yet, could you attach a copy here?

Thanks.

Jim

June7 is offline VIP
    Yes, I built from scratch except used existing query. Looks like yours.

Why don't you try?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    June7,

I built new report as you did, and it seems to work fine. No idea why, but problem solved!

Thanks for your help!

Jim

June7 is offline VIP
    Sometimes weirdness that can't be fixed is corruption.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.