wake74 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2010 (version 14.0)

Handling multiple inputs on form fields

I'm gathering data from various sources using a pdf form created in Adobe 9.0 Pro. Adobe automatically collates the form data and exports to a table. I'm currently copying this data into a table in Access, although at some point, when this is all set-up, I'll link the two.

One field on the form has the option to select from a list of US States that this source does business in. The user can hold the Control Key to select multiple states. When multiple states are selected, the data comes into Access as:

NC - North CarolinaVA - Virginia

This makes it very difficult to read in the Access Form. I'd like it to show up as seperate lines in the form field:

NC - North Carolina
    VA - Virginia

Ultimately the goal is to create a report where I can filter records based upon one state, ie, pull all the records where the state field contains NC.

I can obviously hit Alt-Enter on the Excel table to get it to wrap to a 2nd line, but I can't seem to do this in the Access table.

Any thoughts on how to make this work?

Thanks!

Glenn

TheShabz is offline Court Jester
    Windows XP Access 2003
    What you're looking to do will have to be done before it is imported into the Access table. You will either have to go through some sort of VBA sequence (which I couldn't even begin to go through), or, if there aren't many records, instead of importing straight into Access, get them into Excel and do your formatting there THEN import into Access.

Wow, that was a long sentence. Grammatically correct? Hope so.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.