domselby is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Office 365

Unhappy Query Builder Shows Correct Values, Table Only Shows IDs

Hi all,

I'm a relative newbie to access so please forgive my ignorance.

I'm trying to build a simple CRM/Product database for my company and I've run into a problem where one of my lookups for a field is returing the IDs from the lookup table, rather than the corresponding values. I've not had this problem with my other lookups, which are all showing the value rather than the ID, and having looking at the query builder I can't see where the issue lies, as the query builder data sheet view shows the values as I want them to appear, but on the table it shows the IDs instead!

I have attached a screenshot of my connections/tables and the query, which hopefully will make some sense.

Greatly appreciate any illumation and assistance on this issue.

Thanks all

Dom
    Attached Files Attached Files

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    normally you DO only pull the IDs, which joins to the lookup for the user to see the string value.
    Just add the field to the query if you are viewing queries.

if you are using combo boxes, then usu the key is the ID the user wont care about, but you may need to show the additional field (text) for the user.
    Expand the combo box to show the text field, and hid the ID field.
    (add addl columns & colWidths)

domselby is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Office 365
    Thank you for your advice ranman256.

I *think* I have already done as you suggest for all of my lookups - the issue is that some of the lookups correctly show the additional text field via the ID lookup, and others only show the ID.

In the attached example, the " Product Code" text field in the "Products" table pulls through to the "Product" combo box "ProductsColour" table via the ProductID correctly.

Similarly, the "Colour" text field in the "Colours" table pulls through to the "Colour" combo box "ProductsColour" table via the ColourID correctly.

However, when pulling the "Product" and "Colour" fields from the "ProductColour" table over to the "ProductColour" combo box on the "ColourSize" table, the "Product" and "Colour" comes through as the Product and Colour IDs from the Original "Product" and "Colour" tables

Is this because I'm doing a lookup up in the "ProductColour" table, and then basing my next lookup in the "ColourSize" table on that lookup?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails InkedAnnotation 2020-04-13 092650_LI.jpg  
    Last edited by domselby; 04-13-2020 at 02:32 PM.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.