Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    When you have your servers connected in wired network, you have on some server a shared resource accessible to every user of your DB, and you have a terminal server:
    1. You place your BE on shared resource;
    2a. When user is wired, he/she can have FE stored in his/her computer or on any resource in wired network accessible for him/her. User runs FE from his/her computer. At same tame, next options remains available too;
    2b. When user is wireless, FE is stored in user's Terminal Sever profile, or on any wired resource accessible from TS. User logs into TS, and runs FE from there;

2c. When user works from remote location, he/she needs VPN connection to wired network, and access to TS. User connects to wired network, logs into TS, and runs FE from there.

All data exchange between FE and BE is done over wired network. In case FE is run from TS, over wireless connection only images and keystrokes are moved. So risk of DB corruption is same as when working in wired network.

bilalo is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by ArviLaanemets View Post
    When you have your servers connected in wired network, you have on some server a shared resource accessible to every user of your DB, and you have a terminal server:
    1. You place your BE on shared resource;
    2a. When user is wired, he/she can have FE stored in his/her computer or on any resource in wired network accessible for him/her. User runs FE from his/her computer. At same tame, next options remains available too;
    2b. When user is wireless, FE is stored in user's Terminal Sever profile, or on any wired resource accessible from TS. User logs into TS, and runs FE from there;
    2c. When user works from remote location, he/she needs VPN connection to wired network, and access to TS. User connects to wired network, logs into TS, and runs FE from there.

All data exchange between FE and BE is done over wired network. In case FE is run from TS, over wireless connection only images and keystrokes are moved. So risk of DB corruption is same as when working in wired network.
    Even though I still didn't get the main reason behind access database corruption in wireless networks ( as far as I know, data is transferred using TCP/IP protocol which provides data integrity ), but yes I agree with you, the risk of DB corruption when FE is run from TS over wireless networkis the same as when working in wired network.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.