Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast
    pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    I might have a combo or listbox on one form where the user selected a lab, then clicked on a button to open the report. The report's source query would filter on that selection.

Sorting is done in Group & Sort, on the ribbon with the report in design view.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Etoimos is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by pbaldy View Post
    I might have a combo or listbox on one form where the user selected a lab, then clicked on a button to open the report. The report's source query would filter on that selection.

Sorting is done in Group & Sort, on the ribbon with the report in design view.
    Alight, I'm going to make a form that has a button for each of our labs that when clicked, will display the version numbers for just that lab. I've got the report setup so that it returns just the newest install dates per how Vlad set it up for me. Will I need to create a separate report for each lab to do this or is there some way with a query to do this better?

Windows XP Access 2007
    No, you can base the report on a query that has a criteria on lab which it gets from that form. Or you can use this for the report:

http://www.baldyweb.com/wherecondition.htm
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

No, you can base the report on a query that has a criteria on lab which it gets from that form. Or you can use this for the report:

Okay, I used the code from your site and it is filtering to the Lab selected in the combo box. The issue I'm running into now is getting to to display the report how I want it to. When I click on the button to open the report, it opens it in a new page (popup = yes) in portrait layout. But if I view it in Design View and then switch to Report View, it displays in landscape layout. I'd like for it always open in landscape layout.

Scratch all that, I found it up in the ribbon for Page Layout. It seems like it should be a property of the form and as such, on the properties sheet for that form.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Is landscape set in page settings? Are you opening in preview or report view?
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Is landscape set in page settings? Are you opening in preview or report view?
    You must have replied while I was editing my post above. It was the Page Setup in the ribbon to get it to landscape view. I'm opening it via the button in acViewPreview.

Windows XP Access 2007
    So it's working now?
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

So it's working now?
    I'm going to try and put a button on it so that it can physically be printed out, but it is being displayed on screen like I want it to now. Thanks for the help.

Windows XP Access 2007
    No problem. I assume you mean a button on the form. A button on the report would only work in report view.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

No problem. I assume you mean a button on the form. A button on the report would only work in report view.
    I put the button on the report and have the report shown in report view (that's a lot of reports in one sentence!). It is working how I want it to.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Great, glad to hear it.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

I'm now trying to use the frmEnterICRTimes to update two fields in Scenarios_tbl. As you can see in the attached database, I've created some comboboxes to select the Event and Scenario that I want to update, but it does not update the corresponding record. Instead it creates a new record in the table. I'm assuming that I need to probably add an ID field to the table and then somehow use that to select which record to update?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Windows XP Access 2007
    The form's Data Entry property is Yes, so that's why you get a new record. Probably why you named it "Enter..." rather than "Edit...".

The record is saved without the first two fields since those combos are unbound. If you want to edit an existing record instead of add a new one, the Data Entry property would need to be No, and you'd need code to navigate to the appropriate record once selections were made in the combos. They would need to be unbound if you're using them to search.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

You give me too much credit if you think I do anything for a reason! lol I actually named it Enter as that is how the user will see it. They will not really know they are editing a table that already has data in it. If I tell them they are Editing the ICR times, they are going to be confused on how it got times in the first place.

When I switch Data Entry to No, it still creates a new entry into the Scenarios table. It just does not clear out the drop downs after doing so.

I'm wanting the combo boxes to be used to select the correct record for editing. Those two fields are already in the Scenarios table. I'm thinking I'm going to need some type of LIKE code on the update after function of the ScenarioCombo ?

Windows XP Access 2007
    You could, but that would mean you'd be opening the form with all records, which can bog down if/when you get a lot of records. I'd probably have a form with the 2 combos and a button. The button would use this method to open the form filtered to the desired record:

You can do what you describe. If the form is based on the table, add a combo with the wizard, choosing the third option, "Find a record...". You'd have to tweak it to use both combos.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.