Can you attach the db here?
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Etoimos is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Fitz View Post
    Please see my post #12
    I saw the correction, and I still get that same run-time error.

Quote Originally Posted by pbaldy View Post
    Can you attach the db here?
    Unfortunately I can't because quite a few of the fields and tables contain info that can't be posted to the public. I can create a new db with just generic versions of the tables and form involved in this issue. But that does not help if there is something else in the db that is causing an issue.

Speaking of this possibility, I am seeing something odd with the table, RunDataResults, that this form writes to. When I open that table, I get a Enter Parameter Value popup for TestEvents.ID. After I resolve that one, I get a second one for Run Assessment.Assessment. Could that be pointing to an underlying issue?

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Are you sure you're opening a table? It sounds more like a query that refers to multiple tables. I've never seen a parameter prompt on a table, only queries, forms, and reports. If it's a query, can you post the SQL of it?
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Quote Originally Posted by pbaldy View Post
    Are you sure you're opening a table? It sounds more like a query that refers to multiple tables. I've never seen a parameter prompt on a table, only queries, forms, and reports. If it's a query, can you post the SQL of it?
    It is definitely a table. It is the table that this form we have been working on pulls and posts data to. It only started doing that yesterday I think.

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    I'm stumped, I don't think I've ever seen a table prompt for parameters. The prompts appear to refer to different tables.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

If I delete all of the data from that table (it is just data I've entered testing things out), those prompts go away.

Gicu is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Do you maybe have lookup fields in that table?
    Vlad Cucinschi
    MS Access Developer
    http://forestbyte.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Gicu View Post
    Do you maybe have lookup fields in that table?
    Do you mean fields that look up data from other tables? If so, I have several of them.

For example, each test run we do gets grade as Green, Green w/Caveat, Yellow or Red. I made a tablet to hold those grades and I made a field in the RunResultData table to pull from that table to give the operator those options when filling out the RunSheet form (the one we've been working on in this thread).

Gicu is offline VIP
    You should avoid those (see http://access.mvps.org/access/lookupfields.htm). Can you look at the two that prompted you and see if they are still correct (meaning the source table still has all fields that are part of the lookup).
    Vlad Cucinschi
    MS Access Developer

Gicu is offline VIP
    Is this what you are trying to achieve?

Cheers,
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Vlad Cucinschi
    MS Access Developer

Can you look at the two that prompted you and see if they are still correct (meaning the source table still has all fields that are part of the lookup).
    I took a look at the two that prompted and you are correct, I apparently made some changes to those tables and did not update it in this table and form.

Is this what you are trying to achieve?
    That did not do what I was wanting it to do either, but that might need to be put on hold based on the below...

Humm, I might have to rethink quite a bit of my design based on that. My whole database focuses around a main form, the Run Sheet, that the operators will fill out for each test they do. I'll attempt to break down how a Test Event works.

Test Events, Phases and Scenarios
    Each Test Event has a unique name and all Test Events go through the same 7 Phases.
    Each Test Event progresses through all 7 Phases.
    Phases do not effect the data in Test Events, they serve only to annotate what can be done with the data.
    Each Test Event has a set of Scenarios.
    Each Scenario has Variable Types like Duration, Threats, and Simulation Time.
    The Variable Types stay the same for all Test Events, but the variables are different for each Test Event. For example: Test Event A, Scenario A has a Duration of 10 minutes. Test Event B, Scenario A has a Duration of 15 minutes.

Runs
    A "Run" is a single execution of a Scenario in a Test Event on a given day. So you can have: Test Event A, Phase Alpha, Scenario A, Run 1 or you can have Test Event A, Phase Alpha, Scenario A, Run 2 or Test Event A, Phase Bravo, Scenario A, Run 1.
    Each Run gets graded on a Red, Yellow, Green scale. This is referred to as the Run Assessment.

Those are the basics of how we conduct our tests. I would like to have a form where we enter the Event Names an Scenario details before the event starts. That way when the operators open the Run Sheet form, they can select the Test Event, Phase and Scenario via combo boxes and those selections will populate areas on the form with things like Duration and Threats. Then they input other test results into different fields to finish out the form and finally submit the form via a button. This submit button would take all info on the Run Sheet, be it filled in by the db based on the combo box selections or filled in manually directly by the operators (the operators would never manually enter the same data that was filled in by the combo boxes) and enter it all into a table(s) that would later be used to generate reports and allow us to go back and see what wan entered for a Run from a past event.

I currently have a tables for Test Events, Scenarios, Run Assessments, Operators and a bunch of other stuff that the Run Sheet form uses to lookup the selections. I also have a RunResultData table to the Run Sheet form is based on that I'm trying to use to store all the Run results in. I'm beginning to think this is not the right way to go about it

Gicu is offline VIP
    What happens if you try my code? Error, saves with no message?

Any chance you could upload a stripped down sample of your db with no sensitive data in it so we could have a look? You should have just of couple of "dummy" records in the appropriate tables to highlight the issues.

Cheers,
    Vlad
    Vlad Cucinschi
    MS Access Developer

I went though and "sanitized" my db but it exceeds the size limit of attaching it to the forum here by quite a bit, even without any real data in it.

Okay, I got it down below the size limit by tweaking it some and zipping it up. I also fixed the table prompting for parameters issue from yesterday.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.