illingworth22 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Recent Office upgrade from 7 to 10.... No Access is totally different?

No don't be too hard on me, I am a TOTAL novice when it comes to programming and Access...... I work in a busy hospital Mortuary and to make life a little easier I knocked up a database 10 years ago for tracking patients. In the last year, I know we are so behind when it comes to our software, we all got an upgrade from Office 7 to Office 10.

Since the upgrade a lot has happened, I had been able to add a field in the database which auto calculates and Covid-19 has hit..... This database, once only used for tracking patients and some of the details associated with their death has now turned into an invaluable tool for the capture of CV-19 + deaths. Anyway I have noticed that some of my reports, the newer ones created in V-10 look different...... e.g. I outputted a previous report and the consultant's name would appear (Smith, John) now all I get it a Number (say 1) this number is the record number of the said Consultant. Why is this now a number and not, as before the full name? Also I have a field which is either "Male" or "Female" again on my report this shows both results, one on top of another, with the correct/right one highlighted in Black, the other is a light grey.

Any help in this matter would be of great help and many thanks in advance.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Upgrading windows should not have these effects. Upgrading Access - that's another issue, but you don't say? I have heard of Access updating making things break (like when sloppy code or expressions worked before but not after) and my conclusion has been that newer versions are more particular. However, I can't see why the source of a control would switch from one field to another (record id vs a name) unless maybe you upgraded Access and in the process, field order was altered in a query or some other strange thing. The only thing I can see for you is that you'll have to go through the db, find the anomalies and fix them one by one.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    upgrading will break any References.
    In VBE, tools, references:
    the old version will be checked with MISSING beside it.
    you just uncheck the old ver, and find the new one and check that.

and sometimes a control on a form. Same deal, remove the old control, drop in the new ver.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.