WhereConditions in DoCmd.BrowseTo functions

I have the following code:
    1. The first code segment works. It is contained within a function which passes a value (Long Integer) to TempVars!TempContactID. The form opens with the correct record.

Code:
     DoCmd.Browseto acForm, "frmContactsMain", "frmSCD.NavigationSubForm", "[ContactID]=" & TempVars!TempContactID, ""

2. The second code does not worked and I've tried several different iterations of it. It's value comes from the same function and BUT it is a STRING variable - TempVars!FNumber. The form opens but there is all fields are empty.

There are no load or open even events for the new form and there are no datatype mismatches.

Code:

It always happens, as soon as I post the thread, I discover the issue.   The problem was that in the form that was being opened in the query the FNumber field had a Criteria which was competing with the where condition.  It works fine when I delete it. 

DoCmd.Browseto acForm, "frmFacilityOwnersMain", "frmSCD.NavigationSubForm", "[FNumber]= '"& TempVars!TempFNumber & "'", ""
    My idea would be that the where condition in my second code is not "wrapped" correctly.
    Any other ideas?
    Last edited by jeffhanner10@gmail.com; 04-06-2020 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Solved

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    just a comment - the parameters are optional - so your don't need ,"" at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    just a comment - the parameters are optional - so your don't need ,"" at the end.
    Yes. Thank you.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.