DMT Dave is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Email link to return a new email

Hi Guy's first and foremost hope everyone is staying safe

Is it possible when we send an email out that we can add into the email body a return email address then in the body of the return email a body we choose ? ie:

Outgoing
    Thank you for your email, can you confirm that you have received your items, due to the current situation, we are not exchanging paperwork so please click the following link to confirm received

joebloggs@home.com

When they click joebloggs@home.com that email comes to us and the body says something like

Dear my name,

Thank you for your email, this is to confirm we have received all items therefore please sign for these on our behalf

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    I suppose could do something like an "unsubscribe" link in an email that actually opens a web page with client identification somehow passed to web page, probably embedded in the link URL.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

kd2017 is offline Well, I tried at least.
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    I'm assuming the email you're sending is an HTML formatted email? HTML itself provides for creating email links that autofill the subject and body. You can try that. Whether it always works or not might be dependant on the recipients email client, I don't know. And they still have to click send.
    Here is the html syntax: https://www.rapidtables.com/web/html/mailto.html

Code:
    <a href="mailto:joebloggs@home.com?subject=Confirmation%20Reply&body=Dear%20Hot%20Stuff%2C%0D%0A%0D%0AThank%20you%20for%20your%20email%2C%20this%20is%20to%20confirm%20we%20have%20received%20all%20items%20therefore%20please%20sign%20for%20these%20on%20our%20behalf">joebloggs@home.com</a>
    Also, outlook can send messages and ask for read receipts. Again, that depends on everyone using outlook and the recipients not being difficult contrarians that turn off the read receipt features like I do. https://www.technipages.com/outlook-enable-read-receipt

Junes idea is a good one if you access to a server.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.