Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Cottonshirt is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 8 Access 2007
    when I started using ACCESS I read on one of these forums a post that said you should start the names of the objects in your database with a prefix that identifies what type of object it is. table names start with tbl, query names start with qry, names of forms start with frm and macros start with mac.

when I read this I thought it was kind of obsessive and excessive, but I also thought that these folk do tend to know what they're talking about, and the one thing I did not want to do was find myself one year down the line and a thousand objects in my database need to have their names changed because I didn't follow this simple piece of advice. so I did it, and I have been very grateful on literally hundreds of occasions and I think you will be too.

if the names of the objects in your databse started with a simple prefix identifying the type of object it is, you wouldn't have had this problem because it would have been blatantly obvious that you were using a query rather than a table.

personally, I follow the prefix with an underscore so we have tbl_tablename but you don't have to do that, just put something at the beginning that let's you know what type of object it is.

many thanks,

Cottonshirt

CarlettoFed is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013 32bit
    To see all the data, even recently entered data, just delete the 'head_house' and 'mailbox' columns from the query.
    The fact remains that the database structure is incorrect as there are data, such as Surname and Name that are repeated in different tables, and etc ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.