Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Gicu is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Here you go, you have only 4 columns in the row source, so I adjusted the text boxes to reference .Column(2) and .Column(3) respectively and you were also missing the column widths for the three new columns (it is actually a semicolon separated list like 1";1";1";1") also increased the List Width to 4" and turned on the column heads (ColumnHeaders = Yes).

Cheers,
    Vlad
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Vlad Cucinschi
    MS Access Developer
    http://forestbyte.com/

Etoimos is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2016
    Thanks, I'll look that over. I had to remove some of the columns in the row source table before I could post it. I'll focus on the areas you changed and apply it to my original database and see if that fixes it for me. Thanks again for the outstanding help on this.

Gicu is offline VIP
    You're welcome, let me know how it goes when you get it in your actual db.
    Stay safe!
    Cheers,
    Vlad Cucinschi
    MS Access Developer

So I just opened the database you sent and the ScenarioCombo is not working correctly either. It is not sorting them by event. It is populating the ThreatText field though. I've still not tweaked my db with your changes yet.

Okay, so it looks like you have to have all the column show up in the drop down combo list in order for them to populate the text box fields. I would prefer not to show them in the drop down, but that is not a show stopper.

Wait, does 0 based counting start counting columns from the right? In my original database, I just swapped the column numbers in the two text box Row Source field and they are now both displaying what I wanted them to. I also changed my ScenariosCombo to have a Column Count of 4 and adjusted the Column Widths and Headers as you suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by Etoimos View Post
    Wait, does 0 based counting start counting columns from the right? In my original database, I just swapped the column numbers in the two text box Row Source field and they are now both displaying what I wanted them to. I also changed my ScenariosCombo to have a Column Count of 4 and adjusted the Column Widths and Headers as you suggested.
    Oh, never mind. I just figured it out. It is not based on the number of columns I have in the table that feeds this choice, it is based on the columns that I have added to the Row Source for the combo box. That is what Gicu was trying to tell me in Post # 22 above.

Gicu is offline VIP
    Glad to hear you go tit working. To not show the additional columns in the combo simply set their widths to 0, so the Column Width property would like something like this: 1",0",0",0"

Cheers,
    Vlad Cucinschi
    MS Access Developer

Thanks for the width info. Maybe you can help with another issue I'm having with cascading combo boxes. If I try and put a composite key on the Scenarios table (Event Name and Test Case Number) so that employees can enter data into that table via another form, the cascading effect is lost on this form. It does not seem to matter what kind of key I put in the Scenarios table or what kind of relationship I try to give it to the Events table. They all brake the cascading effect.

Gicu is offline VIP
    It shouldn't, have a look at this example, I set a composite primary key on EvenName/TestCaseNumber.

Cheers,
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Vlad Cucinschi
    MS Access Developer

Yeah, I don't know what was going when I was first trying this. Not matter what I did it broke things. Now, it seems to work just fine.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.