jbeets is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit

Form based on query save results to table

Hello,

I am looking for some advice on how to or if this is even possible... Or if im going about this the wrong way all together!

I have a table that contains all data without filters - tbl_HomeOwners Claims

I have a query that I use to filter the table data down to the claims I need to review and then provide me a random sample of claims.

I have a form that is based on the query results. The form has a couple fields to help identify the record which are pulled in from the query - txtClaim, txtPolicyType, txtAdjuster, txtCloseDate
    It also has a couple fields that I added to it - cbCoverage, cbAddressed, cbEnsirvio, txtComments. Three are combo boxes and ones a text box. The user will choose from the cbo box and enter any comments based on their audit.

I would like to have the unbound field (
    cbCoverage, cbAddressed, cbEnsirvio, txtComments) results saved to the tbl_HomeOwner Claims after each audit is completed based on the txtClaim field. Doing this will allow me to identify which claims have been audited.

Is this possible to do?

Thanks for any advice you can privide!
    Last edited by jbeets; 03-30-2020 at 12:45 PM. Reason: add addtional detail

kd2017 is offline Well, I tried at least.
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    It's entirely possible! There's many ways to skin the cat. The easiest way is that you just pull those fields you want to update from the table into your query, bind your form controls to those fields and your done.

Sometimes queries in access are updatable and sometimes they're not, from your description this sounds like a very straightforward query that should be updatable. If you find that you can't update the data returned from the query in place refer here for reasons why that might be: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-61.html

If for some reason you still can't update from the query come back here and let us know and we'll show you how to update them using vba, but that really shouldn't be necessary...

Thank you so much!!! I really appreciate you advice!

OMG that was so easy! I can't believe I was making it way more complicated that it needed to be. Thank you for your help again!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.