Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Jamesy_007 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    yep! already enrolled in some courses, feel like my head is exploding learning MS Acess but am loving it

Windows 10 Access 2016
    this is really challenging juggling work family etc ill try to
    explain in this forum AM trying to track Repeat Offenders. 1. tblInmates and their Offences 2. their court dates offenders go to court several times before they're convicted or acquitted[ tblCaseAjournDates] & [tblCaseMatters]; note
    [tblCaseMatters]
    is the COURTS Warrant file number,. 3. persons/inmates who are bailed by Justice of peace [tbljps ]& [bailedinmatesT] EACH realtionship have a junction table because in our system there can be many inmates with many offences; many jail cases;bailed by a Justice of peace many times, 4. also on another db need to track offenders that are( transfered off station and their dates) this table however is not in this zip file but i figured if i use months of the year along with dates same theory applies meaning junction table ie. many persons can be transfered off station several times in the calender year reasons for transfer its a small station occupancy/overcrowding then they are brought back for their court hearing. this is important to tract for court hearing purposes ie, Judges ask for info 5. if convicted or doing time as we say need to track aslo how much time/sentence they get by a judge or jury ..gasp.... out of breath lol the zip file is a template aslo all of my current tables& queries are on my work computer i jus practice at home and Big thanks to davegri and mircon they literally opened my eyes to this a few weeks ago i actually was buildiing this db wrong

Windows 10 Access 2016
    this is really challenging juggling work family etc ill try to explain in this forum AM trying to track Repeat Offenders. 1. tblInmates and their Offences 2. their court dates offenders go to court several times before they're convicted or acquitted[ tblCaseAjournDates] & [tblCaseMatters]; note
    [tblCaseMatters]
    is the COURTS Warrant file number,. 3. persons/inmates who are bailed by Justice of peace [tbljps ]& [bailedinmatesT] EACH realtionship have a junction table because in our system there can be many inmates with many offences; many jail cases;bailed by a Justice of peace many times, 4. also on another db need to track offenders that are( transferd off station and their dates) this table however is not in this zip file but i figured if i use months of the year along with dates same theory applies meaning junction table ie. many persons can be transfered off station several times in the calender year reasons for transfer its a small station occupancy/overcrowding then they are brought back for their court hearing. this is important to tract for court hearing purpooses ie, Judges ask for info 5. if convicted to doing time as we say need to track aslo how much time/sentence they get by a judge or jury ..gasp.... out of breath lol the zip file is a template aslo all of my current tables& queries are on my work computer i jus practice at home and Big thanks to davegri and mircon they literally opened my eyes to this a few weeks ago i actually was buildiing this db wrong

Windows 10 Access 2016
    More like this would like to know if dim As string code could be use with the main form linked to tabforms so that every time you click through forms in Tab you'll see the persons info; in other-words users don't have to go open a new form all info is there displayed through tabsform view
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot (3).png  

davegri is offline Excess Access
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    More like this would like to know if dim As string code could be use with the main form linked to tabforms so that every time you click through forms in Tab you'll see the persons info; in other-words users don't have to go open a new form all info is there displayed through tabsform view
    Here's how it's done. Do this for each tabbed subform:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jamesLink01.png 
Views:	18 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	41609

Windows 10 Access 2016
    THANKS i understood everything u wrote perfectly even if its google translator. Data designs is a technique that i believe come with years of experience

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.