wcook101 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2016

How difficult would it be to export data to create a web page?

For example I have a database with 20,000 different parts. I have found that if I upload a page with a list of parts on my web page its not nearly as effective as if each part were to have its own page. But can the task of creating 20,000 web pages from data say from a form be done. If anyone has done this can you give me a push in the right direction before a waste a bunch of effort going the wrong way. Thanks.
    All I would need would be the part number, manufacturer, Quantity on hand, and one or two other fields. I would obviously have some sort of template that the info would get dumped into.

CJ_London is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    I'm no expert on web pages, but in my experience there is just one page which receives parameters of what to display. These parameters might be stored in a directory as images and/or text or they might be stored in a database. Working in pretty much the same way you would do this for a report.

But if you want 20,000 pages, I guess you could export a table or query as multiple html documents using vba code to process a record at a time. You would need a template - perhaps created in word or publisher and saved as an html document.

wcook101 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Is this something that could be easily done? In your opinion, what do you think?

CJ_London is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    as I said, I'm not a web expert - but my initial approach would be the first one - a single page referencing files or a db. If only because subsequent maintenance would be 20,000 times easier. Suggest you talk to a web site designer - perhaps ask your question with google to find some appropriate links. Also take a look at some websites which already do what you want and look at the code (right click on the page and select 'inspect element')

Bullschmidt is offline Freelance DB Developer
    Windows 10 Office 365
    If anyone has done this can you give me a push in the right direction before a waste a bunch of effort going the wrong way.
    You can play around in my sample Invoices Web database to show some of the possibilities. Pretty much similar to Access forms and reports only online Web pages connected to an Access database just consisting of the tables. On the login screen the Rep and Password are already pre-filled in...

http://www.bullschmidt.com/login.asp

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.