rickpaulos is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Forms with tabs. Indavertenly added labels that appear on all tab pages in the form.

I recently added 4 un-associated/unbound labels to an existing form (with 7 tabs) and those 4 labels now appear on every page in the form.

When in design mode, I have to choose a tab, not having an tab active doesn't seem to be possible.

I can delete the 4 labels (from any of the page's tabs), doesn't matter which tab, and add them again to the desired tabbed page so it was an easy fix.

BUT how did this happen in the first place?

I did some web searching and found others trying to do exactly this and the answers have always been "you can't".

Is this a version issue? The file has been "compacted and repaired" weekly using the latest version of Access. The database file was sent to me some 5 years ago and may have been modified to suit our current needs using a much earlier database.
    The .accdb file has been on a network for the past 5 years, where numerous users have used it.
    I got a newer computer (win10) with a newer version of Access a few months ago:

thanks,
    rick

davegri is online now Excess Access
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    The problem is simple. The tabs are transparent, so that anything on the form behind them is visible. That's where your labels were.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.