hikerdood is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit

Report Conditional Formatiing

I created a report from a cross tab query and want to conditional format a field based on another fields data.

The report has the field [KO CL CD] which can be "K" or "O" and [%Exp] which is a percentage. The "K" indicates that the Job Order is closed with "O" indicating that the Job Order is open. I am trying to format the field [%Exp] yellow if the percentage is between 80% and 90% and the field [KO CL CD] ="O". I tried the below expression in conditional formatting and had no luck.

([%Exp] between 0.8 and 0.9) and [KO CL CD] ="O")

Appreciate any help

Regards

Hikerdood

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    I presume you had an error - remove the last )

note that using non alphanumeric characters in your field names can cause misleading errors

hikerdood is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Thanks Ajax. Worked perfectly and I changed the field name to all alpha.

Hikerdood

Kirnicko is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Am new to this forum, so I apologize if I'm doing this wrong. I am desperately trying to figure out how to do conditional formatting if a text field CONTAINS certain words? i.e. If the word "brakes" is in the field somewhere, highlight entire field a certain color. The conditional formatting rules seem so specific and I cannot figure out how to have keywords searched and then highlight the whole field if found.-kirnicko

CJ_London is offline VIP
    welcome to the forum - your question is unrelated to this thread so recommend you start your own thread. When you do, provide more information - searching and conditional formatting are unrelated. Also provide some information about where the word 'brakes' is generated - from a table? a control on a form?

asumming it is a control called txtSearch and the field you want to conditionally form is called txtField

your conditional formatting would be
    Expression is: [txtField] Like "*" & [txtSearch] & "*" And [txtSearch]<>""

Kirnicko is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Have spent too much time trying to figure out how to create a new thread. My links are shaded out. I will just respond to this in hopes you can help.

I have a vehicle database. One field is "Issue" on the table. This field is "unlimited" text field. To describe "brakes checked" or "a/c not working". Whatever the issue on a car is. In my REPORT I have a conditional format to search for "brakes" and another for "oil change" and various others. These highlight different colors so we can see patterns on the report. Its working at the moment, but I cannot add any other conditional formats (it just doesn't respond). I cannot find anywhere detailed information to do this, only very specific "if/then" conditional i.e.if over 10,000 or if text= "Bill". In a report that goes on several pages, I need to see where different items show up. Also, I don't know why my keyboard is struggling with this site, I'm only getting every other letter so its taking forever to type. Please respond. and thank you for your first response

CJ_London is offline VIP
    go to this link

https://www.accessforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7

and click on the 'post new thread' button near top left of the screen

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.