Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Me.lstCFT_Summary.Recordset.RecordCount
    CRAP! My fingers were disconnected from my brain because I tested (and it worked) then typed something else.

skydivetom is offline VIP
    Windows 8 Access 2010 64bit
    Thsnk you, Micron! Appreciate the help.

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    I'm not sure how I cross reference the two forms
    Code:
    If Me.lstCFT_Summary.Recordset.RecordCount + Me.lstOPT_Summary.Recordset.RecordCount + Me.lstWS_Summary.Recordset.RecordCount > 0 Then
       Forms!frmStaffMembers.ControlNameHere.Visible = False
    End If
    That form has to be open - not necessarily visible.

Micron, June:

Sorry for the delayed response... got sidetracked with another project activity. Anyhow, I implemented the proposed code into a sample database (see attached) and I now end up with some error messages **after** I navigated across a few records.

I'm testing some code and use message boxes to indicate the count of items shown in three listboxes. Once those counts were w/o issues, I later on will remove the message boxes and replace them with some other actions.

At this time, however, I end up with an error after navigating through a few records. If you were to following the process outlined below, an error is thrown after a few clicks.

Sequence of process that results in an error:

1. Open form "F00_Billets

2a. Select combo "Go to" (under the dark blue banner in the top left of the form) and pick, e.g., record ID starting with "0007777".
    2b. A message box appears showing a count of 2, 0, 2 for CFT, OPT, and WS, respectively. Click Ok!
    2c. Now review the 3 listboxes (CFT, OPT, and WS). The count displayed in the message box (i.e., 2, 0, 2) matches the count of # of items displayed in the three listboxes. Great!

3a. Now, select combo "Go to" and pick, e.g., record ID starting with "0004444".
    3b. A message box appears showing a count of 2, 1, 1 for CFT, OPT, and WS, respectively. Click Ok!
    3c. Now review the 3 listboxes (CFT, OPT, and WS). The count displayed in the message box (i.e., 2, 1, 1) matches the count of # of items displayed in the three listboxes. Great!

4a. Finally, select combo "Go to" and pick, e.g., record ID starting with "0001111".
    4b. A dialogue box appears indicating "Invalid Operation".
    4c. Also, if I then select a previously selected record (e.g., 0007777), I get the same error.

My question: What is missing/erroneous in the AfterEvent of the GoTo combo, given that I get the correct listbox counts (via message box) but ultimately results in consistent errors?

EEH
    Attached Files Attached Files

davegri is online now Excess Access
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    In cboGoToBillets_afterupdate you were summing one thing but displaying another. Change the first line as below.
    Code:
        If Me.lstCFT_Summary.ListCount + Me.lstOPT_Summary.ListCount + Me.lstWS_Summary.ListCount > 0 Then

MsgBox "Billet is assigned to the following WQSB:" & vbCrLf & "CFT: " & [lstCFT_Summary].
    [ListCount] & _
                 vbCrLf & "OPT: " & [lstOPT_Summary].
    [ListCount] & _
                   vbCrLf & "WS: " & [lstWS_Summary].
    [ListCount], vbInformation, "Information"

Else

MsgBox "Billet is NOT assigned to any WQSB!", vbInformation, "Information"

End If
    Last edited by davegri; 02-28-2020 at 05:43 PM. Reason: I give up on formatting

Davigri... perfect! Thank you so very much for your prompt & excellent help!

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    I have never used Screen.ActiveForm. Not sure why using GotFocus event.

It is not necessary to set focus on a listbox or combobox to requery it.

I observe the error starts on 3rd go around, doesn't matter what values are selected nor what order. I added a Debug.Print.

Debug.Print Me.lstCFT_Summary.Recordset.RecordCount + Me.lstOPT_Summary.Recordset.RecordCount + Me.lstWS_Summary.Recordset.RecordCount

The second go around always outputs 13. Since RecordCount is not dependable, use ListCount which is returning correct values.

And now I see Dave's response.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.