steve_g is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Question Password Issue.

Hi,

New guy here. :-)

I split an Access database I created. I tested the application to make sure it all still worked. All good.

I then added a password to the backend, and linked the tables in the front end to the backend. All looked good and the application worked fine.

But....when I start the Access front end, I get the following message: "Not a valid password".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NotAValidPassword.png 
Views:	17 
Size:	3.1 KB 
ID:	41023

When I click OK, the application finishes starting up and everything works fine. I can open the backend tables without any issue.

I don't know where that message is coming from. Next, I removed the password from the backend, and relinked the tables from the frontend.

The "Not a valid password" message still appears on startup, even though the database no longer has a password.

Not sure what's going on but for some reason the frontend thinks a password is required, and it appears whatever password it's passing is invalid anyway.

Has anyone come across this before?

Thanks.

= Steve

Gicu is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Can you try to delete the back end tables and link them back (do not simply refresh the links with the linked table manager ).https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...d-624634e0a58f

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Gicu View Post
    Can you try to delete the back end tables and link them back (do not simply refresh the links with the linked table manager ).https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...d-624634e0a58f
    Sorry, I should have been clearer. When I said I re-linked the tables what I actually did was delete them and link them again.

= Steve

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    the error message you show is not a system error message - looks more like the message you might get when a user enters an invalid login password. If you have user login, I would check your code

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Never mind, I worked out what the issue was.

There were two backend databases in the same folder. Even though it was the second one that was linked to, it was trying to link to the first one for some reason. Once I removed the first one the message no longer appeared.

Thanks.

= Steve

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.