CAMc is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Red flag fields, via text box or combo box, then generate report of red flagged items

Hi,

would be grateful for a bit of a steer in the easiest way of achieving the following

I want to have various text boxes and combo boxes on a form. The form will be linked to a table.

i want to be able to tab thru the form and when I come to values I deem to be an issue I want to be able to red flag them. Once the text box or combo box is red flagged it will then automatically turn the relevant field in the table red and then at the end of the form a button is there to generate a report of the items I have red flagged.

i am assuming I will need to use vba and just change the background colour of the text box / combo box? So if user does certain key stroke ctrl+shift+r? Then do I need to use vba to generate a report or does access allow a report to be generate by field colour

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Color coding must be based on criteria - this means data must be available for comparison. You can have a yes/no field that 'flags' record. Then use Conditional Formatting to set backcolor of textboxes or comboboxes.

If data must fall within certain range, this can be coded in Conditional Formatting rule.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    I did something similar for a client some time ago. I don't have the details but attach a simple mockup to get you going

the principle is to have an unbound textbox which gets populated with the recordID and the field name (or abbreviation) when the box is clicked

the resultant string can then be used to identify record and field - that I will leave up to you how you do that, but typically I would expect to split into an array and then parse the array

the example is just that - you need additional code to allow the user to 'unclick' and you don't want to add the same field multiple times

you could populate an array, collection or dictionary directly rather than a string, but you will find the conditional formatting becomes much more complex.

I've also included populating a multiselect listbox which is really only there as a novelty verification and can be removed
    Attached Files Attached Files

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.