Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    I use 365 so I'm not relating to those build numbers thus this might be a dumb question - they are Office versions and they are the same bitness?

I've heard of weird issues that arise because one Office version is applied over another instead of removing the old one. It seems also that the problem pc is missing a service pack. I'd try adding that. Maybe even reinstall Office on problem pc after doing a complete removal if you didn't already do that. However, when I asked about build numbers I was referring to Access. For example, I'm using Access 2016 version 1912 build 12325.20298

It's not uncommon for M$ to issue an update and mess up something that was working before.

Gicu is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Can you try to run the Microsoft Windows and Office updates on the new pc? The older pc had some updates and patches instaled (hence the higher build number). I remeber Access 2007 out of the box did not come with "save as pdf", it was provided initially as an add-on.
    Cheers,

Jaffa is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Micron View Post
    I use 365 so I'm not relating to those build numbers thus this might be a dumb question - they are Office versions and they are the same bitness?
    I've heard of weird issues that arise because one Office version is applied over another instead of removing the old one. It seems also that the problem pc is missing a service pack. I'd try adding that. Maybe even reinstall Office on problem pc after doing a complete removal if you didn't already do that. However, when I asked about build numbers I was referring to Access. For example, I'm using Access 2016 version 1912 build 12325.20298

It's not uncommon for M$ to issue an update and mess up something that was working before.
    Your question wasn't silly at all, but this one probably is: Can you tell me where to find my build number? The numbers I provided came from the Access Options Resources Menu.

Quote Originally Posted by Gicu View Post
    Can you try to run the Microsoft Windows and Office updates on the new pc? The older pc had some updates and patches instaled (hence the higher build number). I remeber Access 2007 out of the box did not come with "save as pdf", it was provided initially as an add-on.
    Cheers,
    I will try this and get back to you.

CJ_London is offline VIP
    seems to me there are only two possible reasons, difference in setup on each machine or corruption. You've identified one - one has had an update, one hasn't so I would resolved that first.

With regards corruption, your current setup lends itself to that happening so why take the chance? Better to follow Microsoft recommendations and split the db and locate front ends on each machine.

When you open an access file, changes are made, even if you just close it again, even if you do not have an autoexec macro or a form to display on open - check it out in windows explorer. If the file is already open and if it is opened a second time those changes can clash and start the seed of corruption. Excel is different, the first user to open the file has control, subsequent users can only open readonly and have to save changes as a different file.

I have just had a thought - you are using access 2007, excel 2010. Is the excel version installed the same bit as 2007 (32bit) or have you installed 64bit Excel? no idea if that would make a difference since the acFormatXLS is in the access library, but something else to check.

Jaffa is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2007
    I downloaded Service Pack 3 on the new computer, and now everything seems to be working fine. I am extremely embarrassed that I didn't notice that or think to check it sooner.

Thank you all so much for your help!

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Great! Now I will celebrate by pouring myself another coffee!
    I suspect I have done worse trying to help somebody out here than what you did by overlooking the versions.

CJ_London is offline VIP
    glad you got it sorted

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.